8 ~ It's Twenty To Watch

Dedicated to @newnew456 thanks for your comments! I'm so glad you love the story girl, there's so much more to come! 💕

Summer's over omg 😭. I'm actually so sad. School has been really shitty so far, hope you guys are having a better first week than me

So I had way more votes on chapter 7 and I can't figure out why lol! I work really hard on all my chapters, but anyway, please feel free to give me feedback on my chapters!

______________________________________

"D o n 't scream" he warned

Her body trembled, like a frail leaf in the autumn wind, goosebumps raised against her cotton shirt, her heart grew louder with the deafening sound of screams and cries around her.

"I know you want to scream right now. But don't" he said to her. Could she even scream if she wanted to? Her throat had become so tight she could hardly even breathe.

His eyes narrowed. He inched closer, pressing his finger to her lip before slowly lifting it away.

"Just stay calm-"

"Oh my God..." she whispered

"Lana just breathe-"

Her eyes grew even wider as she lost control "OH MY GOD"

"I almost fucking died. I almost got hit by a truck... And that man... his pants were on fire. L--like literally on fire!"

"Keilana! Calm. Down." He said, grabbing onto her shoulders.

Her chest rose and fell as she struggled with each breath. It was like breathing through a straw. And finally, with shaky words she said

"You saved me, Elijah"

He finally let go of her shoulders and sighed in relief. "Let's get out of here"

He couldn't take his eyes off of her. She was extraordinary, to say the least.

The way she tore the chicken off the bone like a beast, Elijah was surprised she didn't swallow it whole.

He leaned back and watched Lana, the spectacle.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" she inquired, popping his daydream bubble.

His mouth opened but no words came out. He was too amazed.

"Oh... I'm sorry. D-did you want some?" she asked him pushing her plate full of crumbs towards him.

"Sorry." She shrugged "I'm a stress eater"

She leaned back into her seat, watching the large glass window beside them. It was so quiet in here. The café was empty besides the low hum of some French classical music in the background and the smell of late-night coffee.

But out there was chaos.

Even though they had escaped the students and the fire, the truck that almost ran her over, she could still hear the screams and smell the burnt fabric and flesh.

"I need to find Jamie... she was supposed to meet me there. And Mason... Oh God, what happened to Mason?" she Marveled, realizing that

"I'm sure they're fine Keilana" he tried to assure her

But she couldn't accept a prediction "What if they're not?"

Keilana reached out to her phone only to realize it was dead. She wanted to go out there, but by this time police had surely blocked off any entry.

"Dammit!" She cried, slamming her phone against the hard cafe table.

She just couldn't shake this feeling. She had almost died. Become a mess of blood and bones, hit by a truck.