51 ~ The Truth Will Set You Free... But First It'll Piss You Off

Dedicated to @lartarsha38 thanks for your comment!

this is a looooooong chapter. I stayed up until 2am to finish this, hope you enjoy.

S h e   took his face into her warm palms, staring into the eyes of the only man she'll ever love

S h e   took his face into her warm palms, staring into the eyes of the only man she'll ever love. Looking into his eyes, trying to crack open his thoughts.

Who did he see in front of him?

Had everything changed? Was nothing ever to be the same?

---°---

"I think that's great actually" looking down at the paper scattered on Poe's desk Elijah nodded with a grin. He hadn't been this happy or relieved in forever and she never in a million years did Lana think she'd see him like that with Olivia. Or at least she didn't want to, trying to erase the memory that they had also been together and there was a time before her. For Lana it seemed like no one or at least no one who made as big of a difference to her life than Elijah had.

"I thought you'd like it" Olivia grinned. She stood up, her hand on his arm. "I'm proud of you Elijah, I know it hasn't been easy for you--"

"Hi" Lana intruded, walking into the office from behind the door

"Lana" Elijah said, with the same grin on his face waving her over.

Lana gave him a small forced smile as she looked back at Olivia, who for the first time ever did something Lana never dreamed she had the capability of doing.

Olivia smiled back at Lana, ducking down for a second like she was almost intimidated by her. She cleared her throat awkwardly and took a step back. Giving them space.

Lana wondered why. Did she actually mature enough to respect their relationship? Somehow she couldn't believe that had suddenly just happened. It must've been something else.

"I'll leave you two be" Olivia said

"Olivia" Elijah called her back, with another small grin he said "thanks"

Turning his attention back to Lana once the door was shut behind Olivia he leaned closer, his hand on the small of her back as he half-sat back against the desk.

"You're right she is... 'helpful'" Lana mumbled

"How are you?" Elijah asked instead, steering clear of another conversation about Olivia and him doing anything more than academic work

"Good" she said, meaning it genuinely for the first time in a long time

"I'm excited... and scared for art school" she admitted "I'm scared to have to leave you for school. And now we don't even have our whole summer together"

"We still have a fee weeks before you leave"

Pecking her on the cheek he whispered in her ear "That's literally all I look forward to every day." he snaked his fingers through the side of her hair. "Just us. Just you."