46 ~ Does This Count As Cheating?

Thank you so much for 178K reads!!

Dedicated to @ChristinbeyDvis For your patience, This update's for you hon.

L a n a    tapped her pen at the edge of her side table, waiting in the auditorium for Poe to finally start the three-hour lesson

L a n a    tapped her pen at the edge of her side table, waiting in the auditorium for Poe to finally start the three-hour lesson. They'd been in class for thirty minutes and he was still organizing his notes. 

Most of the two hundred students in the auditorium had already fallen asleep.

She let out a long impatient sigh. "I hate it when Elijah's gone," Lana confessed.

"Me too. How did Poe even qualify to be a professor?" Jamie whispered.

Finally, Poe tapped the small microphone clipped to his shirt and looked up at the class.

Poe spoke so loudly into the mic, everyone groaned in pain as the sound of his harsh voice busted their eardrums. "So... I guess I'll be taking over since Elijah is gone for personal reasons"

"He's saying that like he's doing Elijah a favor. This is his class. He's supposed to teach anyway" Lana complained to Janie, who was still covering her ear in pain.

"How long will Mr. West be gone?" Katy asked, "why is he gone?"

"Like I said personal reasons" Poe reiterated.

"I'm starting to think you all don't want me here" Poe laughed. The class remained silent.

"We don't" someone in the back whispered, too quiet for Poe to hear but the entire auditorium burst out in laughter.

"Anyway, if you guys are done laughing and wasting time, I'd like to get started with today's lesson" Poe complained like he didn't just spend an entire half-hour doing nothing.

"You need to get Elijah back, Lana. Please" Jamie whispered before they settled into his three-hour monotone lecture.

Again, putting almost all of the students in the auditorium to sleep.

Her phone rang across the auditorium just the, calling the attention of everyone in class including Poe.

"Sorry" she whispered, getting up she ran up the stairs, struggling to pull open the push door before she gave up and used the other one.

"Elijah?" Lana gasped, practically shaking as she held the phone up to her ear.

"Not quiet" Aline responded on the other end.

"Aline, how are you?" Lana secretly rejoiced; if she was talking, that was a good sign. Right?

"Fine darling. Well... given the current situation" She laughed. Even though she was breathless, her voice strained, Lana smiled anyway, just glad to hear from her at all.