16 ~ Little Big Lies

So I took this chapter down and re-wrote it, because I didn't like it at first.

I'm still on edge about this chapter. But I tried y'all, I tried.

Definitely worth rereading.

"O h my God Elijah!" Lana gasped, her hands flying over her mouth

"Wow" Mason chuckled, wiping the blood from the corner of his mouth with his thumb "It's like that, eh?"

"I'm giving you one chance to walk away West" Mason warned

Please walk away. Lana prayed.

Elijah stepped up and narrowed his eyes on his target "Try me" he replied simply.

"I warned you" Mason shrugged, his eyes growing dark before he swung for his jaw, and his nose and his eyes.

Wait Mase!--" Lana screamed, too late, his fist had already connected with Elijah's jaw, making him stumble back, she could hear the thunderous impact from all the way across the bar.

She could feel every punch, every impact that landed on Elijah's face, shifted his teeth and filled his mouth with blood. Even the ringing in his ears and his scorching throat. His hits came in so fast before Elijah could register them.

"Had enough Elijah?" Mason growled

"Elijah. Stop this. Please, walk away" Lana begged.

But Lana knew he wouldn't. Elijah West always refused to lose.

"Fuck you" Elijah spat, wiping his bleeding nose off the back of his arm.

Elijah's chest rose up and fell, Lana could almost see the steam coming out from his nose and the vein on his forehead that was about to pop any second. She'd never seen him this angry before.

Mason shrugged before swinging at him, but Elijah dodged just in time, catching his fist in his palm before swinging again at Masons temple. And then in the gut before Mason could even find his balance, knocking him back against the wall.

Mason had just come from the hospital and Elijah was about to send him back. Hitting him over and over and over in the face and chest and stomach. But that crack Lana heard in Mason's chest was enough to get her to jump in.

"Stop!" Lana screamed, running in front of them both before he could attack.

"Move. Lana" Elijah spat, looking at her through anger clouded vision.

But Keilana mustered up all her strength too. Standing between these men who were out to kill each other. She couldn't let that happen.

"Get out. Elijah." Lana snapped "I'll talk to you outside"

His eyes only grew darker, his patience ticking "Seriously, Keilana--"

"Get out"

There were only two times she'd ever felt this scared standing up to him. The first time she resisted leaving his office until he explained why he failed her. And now. Except now she wasn't going to give up or cower. Not when her friend's life was at stake.