39 ~ You've Been Warned

It has been a tough, tough couple of weeks. I'm sorry I'm reaaaaally late with this chapter. But thank you for everyone who wished me well and thank you for everyone sticking by to read this story! Also congrats Toronto Raptors for winning the NBA championship! Basketball (and Wattpad btw) was made in Canada after all and this was our first win!

This cute song kinda reminds me of this chapter ^

E l i j a h    failed to start the car again. So they had to resort to the last option: trudging through the snow three kilometers to the nearest gas station.

They finally made it through that long, treacherous walk, into the gas station. Lana's legs felt like jelly, her toes like icicles. As she unraveled her scarf heard the annoying rin of Elijah's phone again. It was Olivia. 

"Maybe you should just pick up" Lana suggested, it was getting on her nerves seeing her call over and over.

Elijah shook his head, ignoring his phone as he went to fill the gas can and pay for it. 

"So is that a no. You're not going to pick up?"

"No. I'm not." he stated bluntly, folding his wallet and shoving it back in his pocket. "I'm gonna walk back, get the car and pick you up here" 

"I can come" Lana insisted

"It's warmer in here," he said about sixty degrees warmer "Plus, we need snacks," he handed her his phone with his debit card that rested in the case, zipping up his coat in preparation for his journey.

"Okay" she agreed. She really didn't want to push him, already afraid that she struck a nerve suggesting he speak to Olivia. 

When he left and the store was silent, Lana finally realized all of the eyes staring at her. 

Every time she traveled anywhere outside Toronto or a major Canadian city she found herself being the only black person. And that came the uncomfortable glares.

Clearing her throat she awkwardly made her way to the snack isles as the eyes followed her. Praying Elijah would come back soon as she picked out the chips, chocolate and anything else she could carry.

His phone rang again. And maybe she shouldn't have, but she picked up

"Elijah where the hell are you, why didn't you pick up or have the decency to text me at least? Are you coming back, or to the gala because your father's expecting you to be there" she rambled

"...Elijah?" She snapped

"He's not here right now," Lana said

Olivia gave a long frustrates sigh on the other side of the phone that made Lana almost burt out laughing.

"Where is he?"

"I don't think he wants you to know that"

"And you know what he wants all the sudden?" She snickered "you realize I've been in his life much longer than you? If anyone knows what he wants it would be me"