57: Amore

Amore
Luciano Vargas' (Y/N)

The moment she returned back to the clearing, Tadhana's heart dropped.

Rows of officers stood before her, already grasping chains that had he ability drain her powers ad render her helpless. Members of the Council stood in the middle of the group with much disapproving glares.

She knows what runs through their heads. She has and always will be a nuisance to the Afterlife and it's ways. Since the beginning of her transcendence into Fate, the others already had their scrutinizing looks prepared. When she was given her assignments, everyone had expected her to fail and lead them early to their graves, but she did something much worse.

"Fate 1117," the Head Leader spoke with his usual glacial voice that demanded authority. "Or should I refer to you as Tadhana?"

Tadhana straightened herself. "Refer to me however you wish," she said, "it's not like it'd matter anyways."

"True," he hummed, "and I supposed you know why we're here?"

The young Fate didn't lose her facade. She had to be strong. "Not really," she claimed, "I'm here under the assumption that I'm doing the world a favor."

Her answers earned scoffs and spiteful laughs.

"Then you assumed wrong, fool," Head Leader sneered, "you have disregarded multiple laws and have put the balance of life and death at risk."

Fighting to keep her cool, Tadhana gritted through her teeth. "Is it really worse compared to the fact that the world of the living could end with all the chaos you allow to happen?" She argued.

Offended murmurs errupted from the guilty bastards that were present. "We have no full control of our subjects, 1117, you know that," another member answered her this time. Tadhana didn't remember her name, nor did she care to.

"But we do have influences," she began, "we can change things drastically before the choice becomes irreversible and yet you all choose to turn a blind eye to everything."

"I have chosen to do somehing with myself, and give the personifications what they lost so that they won't lose themselves and the rest of the world with them. These men have been changed by love, and look at what its loss has done to them! Francois Bonnefoy became a rogue assassin with a sadistic cause. Allen Jones and Mathieu Williams became unstoppable, murderous psychopaths. Luciano Vargas has seen it fit to worsen his strategies in the mafia scene. Worst of all, Oliver Kirkland is in the midst of reviving an ancient destroyer of worlds. Yet, you all think I'm foolish for doing this?"

It was a peculiar thing to hear all of this coming from a little girl. Perhaps, that's why their hurt pride refused to listen to the message.

"What, you want us to call you a hero?" Another Fate spat.

"Get your ears fixed," Tadhana snapped, "I didn't say anything like that."

"No matter your excuses, you will still be exterminated for what you've done, 1117," the Head Leader spoke up again, gesturing to the chains that will send Tadhana to her end.

"I understand and accept my fate," Tadhana almost laughed, "I won't try to escape, but I want Mother Earth to hear my cause and let me finish off what I've started."

"Don't be ridiculous," one of them taunted.

"She's been heard."

Silence and shock clung together in the air, they all looked to see Mother Earth appear from behind the trees. Albeit weakened, she looked radiant.