24: In Another Life

24: In Another Life 
[unedited]

When he remembers you from the past

Warnings: Reincarnation AU, feels, ANGSTTH

Note: Also, I changed your name to fit in with the concept of past life (or something like that)

        As the both of your limbs intertwined loosely, you two laid in bed, simply enjoying the precious moment. His fingers brushed through your (hair color) tresses in a habit that he's grown to love. He briefly glanced down at you before staring at the ceiling, wondering how a monster such as himself has earned such a beautiful being. This must be a cruel dream; it has to be. And yet, he doesn't want it to end.

        In the midst of his soothing touches, his breath hitched, stopping his movements and freezing him as he basked in the painful depths of his mind. A memory came to him, fading from obscurity and slowly gaining clarity. It was one of those things that he tried so hard to forget, back in a time where we was still hopeful of this world; longing for love and affection, weak, confused, pathetic.

        And of all the memories that had to come back to him, it had to be you.

        And that recollection wasn't just any ordinary thought, too.

        It was of you, but so much more.

Francois Bonnefoy

Orleans, France

Early 1400s

        If Arthur Kirkland was a disgrace to Francis, then it was sure as hell that Francois was the black sheep of France in the eyes of many. He brought trouble and mischief, gambling and often almost running out of money to pay for the damages. There were many other things he's done, but no matter how hard he tried to change, the people remained unforgiving. It was one of these reasons that not even the girl he fell for liked him, not even as a friend. Jeanne was closer to the other French personality, who also had feelings of love for her. It was a like a stab in chest for Francois, seeing them like that, but he never did notice the young (hair color) girl who stood behind the battle fields with them.

        You were Vivienne Devereux, a young soldier at the tender age of eighteen and much like the maid of Orleans, you wanted to fight for your beloved country, France. Unlike others, you saw through Francois' glacial personality and you were always the first to appreciate the smallest of his good deeds. The two of you developed the unlikeliest of companionships; the optimistic legionnaire and the ill-fated immortal. You grew a certain fondness for each other, even Francis was impressed but you knew Francois would never choose someone like you—actually, you never did know how he felt.

        It was because of that dreadful day when he lost you in the battlefield.

        "You must stay awake, Vivienne," he begins, holding your bleeding body as he dragged you away from the sight of enemies. You weakly smiled at him, clutching your wounded stomach which was previously speared by a poisoned arrow. "You promised a mug of beer after this, do not tell me you have forgotten," Francois attempts to joke, causing you to laugh meekly as the blood began to ooze out even more. Then, tears stung your eyes as you slowly shook your head, certain that this was the end. It was the first time you saw Francois cry but he bravely blinked them away. "No, No, No, NO. You WILL live and-and we'll mock people across the streets whilst we drink beer—" his desperate outburst broke your heart. "—we shall be together like always," you moved your shaking hands to wipe off the teardrops that ran down his cheeks. Letting out a shaky breath, you rested your palm against his cheek, smiling sadly. "I beg for your forgiveness, mon ami, I'm afraid there will be no nights of beer together anymore," you say as he stubbornly shook his head. "It will always rain the hardest... on those who deserve the sun..." You tell him, wincing at feeling of the poison taking over your weakened system. "Moreover... I want to t-tell you--" Francois tensed, anticipating your words. But you decided that you use the last of your strength to lean up to him and plant a long desired kiss on his lips. "I... love you..." Life left you as you let out your last breath with a soft smile on your face.