48: Clarity is Painful

The DRAMA Continues[R]

Warnings: FEELS
Author's Note:
Baby Don't Cry by EXO played while I was writing this lmao. At this point, I'm running out of descriptions to describe the scenarios so, this and the next ones are gonna have none mWAHAHA Enjoy reading!

P.S. This was supposed to be a scenario where he comforts you or some shit like that but a brainstorm hit me and I changed a few things on the plotline. Hihi :DDDD

FRANCOIS BONNEFOY

Boss, there's something wrong. Some of our men left the premises.

His eyes skimmed through the text sent by Simeon, over and over, as he made his way out of the car. A little over twenty minutes ago, Francois left you back at the café to go to meet his underlings outside an antique shop not too far from where you two had been. Simeon, who had become one of his most trusted underlings, informed him that a small group of his men saw that Francois had weaken for the past years, after entering a relationship with you. They stormed out of the mansion quite angrily; perhaps even disappointed that Francois allowed their once feared union to die out.

Of course, this wouldn't have been something to worry about. Francois figured that some of his men were all criminals who ran on bloodlust and fed on the fear of others, and that they'd soon grow bored of his leadership. That wasn't a big issue at all—that is, until, he receives another message.

You shouldn't leave your dearest out in the open.

It was soon followed by a photo of Anton and you inside the cafe. He was forcing you to look at him, holding you by the jaw.

His heart began to beat wildly against his ribs. A curse left his mouth before he started to run back to where you were. The moment he reaches the café, you were hunched over the table, sobbing uncontrollably. There was no one left inside the café but you.

Damn it! How can I be so stupid?! Francois thought to himself, running his hands through his hair rather chaotically.

"(Y/N)," He finally calls out to you, and his heart becomes heavier when he meets your reddish swollen eyes that were still lined with tears. You immediately stood up and ran to him, wrapping your arms around his waist and burying your head in his neck as you held onto him for dear life. Francois hugged you back just as tight, running his hands in soothing circles at your back.

"A-Anton told me to leave while I can, I don't understand," you cried, pulling away to look at him. Francois didn't know what to do best at this point; nonetheless, he decides that the truth, though hurtful, was so much better than a lie.

"I've done terrible things in the past, (Y/N)," he put it simply, "I was lost and I thought of nothing but getting power and everything that I ever wanted. Anton was one of the people who got to witness those things and he was like me."

He saw you begin to furrow your eyebrows at him. Your tight hold on him began to loosen as well. Francois saw the possibility of you leaving him, but he continues still. "I want you to know that I've been trying to slowly put down my filthy empire down for the past three years that I've been with you. All without getting you involved. Really, I did. Now, they're angry at me for doing that, but I didn't care about that, as long as you were safe and sound, but now—Mon Dieu—it seems that you aren't and I'm terribly sorry, ma cherie. I'm sorry that you had to be involved with this," Francois poured whatever he can into that confession, even if it made him incredibly out of character.

And you? You were torn between what you just found out and what you felt deep in your heart. This was the man who you love for God's sake! And he's been lying to you all this time?! Still, never had you seen him close to tears like this. You didn't know what to do, so you couldn't say anything.