26: Look at What You've Become

When both of your paths never collided from the start

Warnings: Possible heart-breaking, Generally Angst, Cursing

What if he never even met you in the first place?

Would things have been much different or would it affect not even the slightest of things?

Would he still be him?

All these impeccably foolish questions resonated through your head in a taunting manner, making your head and heart ache terribly at your own thoughts and what ifs. They were littered in golden possibilities within your feeble mind and it made you so frightened yet so curious of what Fate had in mind.

It's funny how after such a long eventful day (previous chapter), your mind attacks you with these damned judgements just as you began to think you had the chance to spend the rest of the day lying down and finding peace within yourself. Determined to receive a good rest, you forcefully shut your eyes close, hiding those dulled (e/c) hues and warily went to sleep with an uncertain heart.

As you drifted into a troubled slumber, you saw nothing but darkness-not the usual soothing one but the empty void that terrified you to no end as you sat in anticipation.

You waited for something to happen-and it did.

Francois Bonnefoy

You groggily awoke your senses in a bed that you instantly knew wasn't the one from the hospital. No, this bed was immensely fluffy to a point in which you thought you'd fall back to sleep if you close your eyes for a moment-it was unlike the dreadful hospital bed you were provided with, the one that was deceivingly soft yet awfully uncomfortable to lie on. This realization brought upon your awakening was conveyed by a sense of familiarity to your senses but it still left you quite unsure.

With one eye open to take a peak, you found yourself correct with the guess that you were back within the walls of your shared bedroom with Francois, but something felt horribly wrong and out of place. Hoisting yourself up and deciding to take a look around for yourself, you swung your feet to the side in order to get on your feet but you fail to do so as a startled gasp came from your lips. With (e/c) eyes as wide as saucers, you were unable to let go of the breath you've been holding back at the sight of a piece of lingerie lying on the carpeted floor. You were very much sure about one thing;

Sure as hell, those damned pair of lacy baby blue panties weren't yours.

Crawling towards the clean and opposite side of the bed, you fumed as you gently tip-toed around the clothes scattered on the floor with a heart pounding wildly against your ribcages. Once you made it out of the bedroom, distant voices began to reach your ears and it piqued your curiosity. Along your little quest to find the source of the noises, you noticed that the place was duller than the last time you recalled seeing it-you began to wonder why.

The sound lead you to a familiar path to Francois' office and you took notice of how the doors were already wide open. Immediately, you let yourself inside but regretted doing so just as fast as you entered, seeing another woman draped across Francois lap like needy dog as she was dressed in only his shirt. More hurtful was the fact that he didn't do anything about it at all. He only sat there silently, barely listening to her talk and inhaling the cancer stick between his lips. The woman noticed his behaviour and rolled her eyes in annoyance. "Are you even listening?" she whines, trailing her hands across his chest.

Francois seemed to have had enough of her presence by then, purposely blowing the cigar smoke to her pathetic face. "I didn't pay you to talk and pester me," he harshly comments, placing the cigar back to its tray as he pushed the lady off his lap. He began to reach for an envelope and opened it to reveal a bid wad of cash that made the girl almost drool at the sight. He tossed it at her and waved his hand in a gesture. Simeon came out of nowhere and grabbed the woman's arm-it almost terrified you to see him so solemn like that. "Leave," Francois barely commands as Simeon dragged the woman to the exit, ignoring her calls for a next time.