53: SILAKBO | Nightmares to Life

Silakbo | III
Nightmares to Life

March 18, 2019
Yukon, Canada
5:15 PM | 7 minutes ago

The wind was bleak as it blew harshly against an old man's fragile physique. A crabbed grunt left the confines of his chapped lips and a gentle shiver lightly shocks his entire person.

Winter always came with such unkind endeavours that Gerard Warren never liked. The nights were too cold and he couldn't sleep well at all. No amount of hot chocolate or warm tea could ever bring him comfort. On a plus note, the animals were either away or hibernating, and so there goes his amusement.

Gerard sighs once more for the umpteenth time as he struggled to trudge through the snowed path. "Where did that boy go to now?" He pondered to himself, eyes still searching for the familiar green plaid of the padded jacket that shielded his nephew from the cold.

The old hunter reached a clearing, aghast by the sight he saw. Mathieu Williams and his bastard of a bear were there. When Gerard had caught sight of the bloody scene, the white bear had been gnawing on something, but he soon realized it was someone.

"Kuma," the Canadian brute called out, "Stop that. Let's go."

The two figures left the scene. Gerard Warren could barely move his feet at the sight of that green plaid jacket soaked with crimson. "David," Gerard found it hard to believe the image that his eyes perceived. The old man staggered towards the dead body of his last relative.

That wretched polar bear. "What has that thing done to you?" he grits his teeth as he seethed with rage.

David's body could barely be recognized by anyone, but to Gerard, he was so certain that the mutilated corpse before him was really his nephew. His mourning turned into a monstrous yearning for vengeance. "I'll get them," he seethed, "I swear to God, I'll get them."

The old man marched after the wretched couple and their monstrous bear, terribly unaware of the real culprit of his nephew's death — the bloody axe that had been whisked beneath the fallen branches of trees.

March 18, 2019
Yukon, Canada
5:22 PM | 4 minutes ago

Kumakuro's behaviour began to worry (Y/N) immensely. The bear was growling ceaselessly. She knew that his instincts were sensing a threat, and that worried her beyond the previous events. Could this be the Karma that she had anticipated, or was she simply exaggerating with all the paranoia flooding her veins?

BANG

The gunshot resonates throughout the woods, startling not only the couple and the bear but also a nearby flock of birds. A pained groan followed. The bullet found home in Kuma's side, the red drastically clashing with his white fur.

(Y/N) bit back the scream that erupted from her lungs. "Kuma!" she still couldn't supress her panic for the injury of the polar bear that she has become greatly fond of.

Matt had the same reaction. His eyes were wide and filled with shock and rage. The couple's eyes looked at the direction of which the gunfire came from. A few meters behind them stood a shaking Gerard Warren covered in a warm coat stained with some blood.

(Y/N) was horrified. Karma it was indeed.

BANG

Another fire and it all happened so fast.

Kuma, weakened by the initial shot, stumbled back at yet another hit. (Y/N), who had been behind the massive animal, was pushed helplessly. Another scream resonates, followed by a crackling crash from the river.