57: Maple

Maple
Mathieu Williams' (Y/N)

This meant trouble and all chaos associated with it, but Tadhana was on a roll

She had only intended to bring a soul or two back, just enough before the Council gets to her and has her decimated for breaking the laws of life and death. Something in the youngling was set ablaze when she fully realized the crooked ways of some of her kind; those who prey on lesser Fates to further their assignments and gain praise. 

Tadhana came to the firm conclusion to go big or go home. Her fate was sealed in all alternate possibilities, anyways. It was time to be truly reckless. 

Ducking behind walls and structures came easily with her small frame. She caught sight of the alerts released to the city. "Attention all citizens, a rogue Fate has been kidnapping individuals all over Vagus Regio. Please remain inside for your own safety, and should you encounter it, report to the authorities immediately."

She was now a fugitive.  

In all her days, she never saw this one coming, but it was one she was willing to let happen. For the sake of her favorite set of assignments and their chaotic lovers, damn herself. She knew deep down that this was a favor for all. The torment to the immortals as powerful as the countries was overflowing. Tadhana knew it would unleash hell on Earth. 

Despite the anxiety residing in her belly, Tadhana was a touch confident that the woman she was about to go to next could be reasoned with. "Miss (Y/N)?" she called out in a hush voice, pleased that the said person instantly heard her.

(Y/N), however, was startled by the sudden presence of a little girl calling out to her from a dark alley. It screamed danger to her, but she acknowledged her from a good distance. "Yes?" she asked, "do I know you?"

"Not really."

The answer she received confused the woman further, and the fact that the little one hid into the darkness wasn't making this situation any better. Squinting to get a closer look, (Y/N) let out a gasp. 

"You're-"

Before any words finished themselves from her mouth, Tadhana tugged on (Y/N)'s arms and headed to the direction of the arc, dragging the soul along. "Please, trust me," she pleads as they treaded through passages. "I really mean no harm, I swear."

(Y/N) was trying to haul herself away, growing more shocked when the little girl proved herself to be strong. This was going to bring the both of them into trouble, she just knew it, and almost everyone knows that (Y/N) (L/N) hated going against the law. 

"At least, explain yourself!" she stammered, trying to memorize the path they were going through. 

"I will," Tadhana solemnly swore, "but only when we get there."

More questions spewed in (Y/N)'s head, much to her chagrin. "Where?"

"Here."

The young girl gestured over to a looming arc that held a glittering pool of white, and (Y/N) felt her breath hitch. Something rattled within her, almost begging to go through, but she feared for what might happen. "What is it?" (Y/N) barely heard herself ask the question, but she was very much attentive for answers.

"It's the answer to what you've been searching for," Tadhana firmly told her, beaming. 

(Y/N) watched the girl walk ahead, unconsciously following lead. "What do you mean?"

Tadhana emitted an orb from her chest for the third time. A wince escaped her, but she ejects the orb into the machine anyways. "See," she began, "Mother Earth needed something to guide the humans. Eventually, she came up with us Fates."