Puns and Pick-up Lines - Adrienette (commission)

A wave of green and black energy washed over him. Crackling noisily, lightning-like sparks of energy caused a bright flash to light up the wide alleyway as Chat Noir reverted back to being Adrien Agreste once again, his golden blond hair shifting back to its usual immaculate style.

He quickly reached into his pocket, pulling out a wedge of camembert cheese (that, in Adrien's opinion, smelled like death) for Plagg before the grouchy cat kwami could begin to complain at him.

Just as he was about to leave to get back to school before lunch break finishes, a bright red blur landed at the other end of the alley and away from the street. By the time Adrien registered the fact that it was Ladybug stood nearby, it was too late.

He watched in awe as red and pink sparkles transformed her back into a very familiar face — one that he'd have to see when he finally got back to class, too.

Quickly snapping out of his trance, Adrien glanced around and spotted a few bins to hide behind, diving behind them just in time. Adrien's heart suddenly felt as if it were beating a mile a minute as his breathing became laboured and he tried not to be spotted. Luckily, she ran straight past him without spotting him or Plagg, and Adrien felt his anxiety fading away.

Adrien scrambled to his feet, placing a hand over his heart as his lips into a giddy grin. "Marinette is Ladybug," he breathed, an airy chuckle escaping his lips.

"You're never gonna shut up about this, are you?" Plagg lamented, swallowing the last of his camembert wedge before flying into Adrien's bag, his head poking out the top. "Ugh, this means even more flirting than before, doesn't it?"

Plagg's second question lit a spark in Adrien's mind, a genius idea popping into his head.

"That's a great idea! I should flirt with her as Adrien, too!"

"Wait, what?!" The cat kwami had meant for the question to be an implied complaint, but it seemed like Adrien hadn't taken it that way at all.

"I'll give her hints that I'm me," Adrien explained, pointing to himself. The expression on his face told Plagg that he was utterly serious about this and was even proud of himself for thinking of it. "That way, she might not be as mad when she realises that I know who she is."

Plagg sent him a skeptical look.

"It'll be fine!" he reassured, finally walking out the alley.

As he approached College François-Dupont, Adrien noticed Marinette stood on the steps with Alya and Nino, all three of them mid-conversation.

An idea popped into his head as he sped up the pace of his walking, hurriedly stepping up the steps to sneak up on Marinette.

"Hey, guys," he greeted as he approached, eliciting a small squeak to escape Marinette's lips. Adrien smirked at that. For extra effect, he casually slung his arm around her shoulder, watching as he cheeks tinted red.

Nino greeted him back as he held out a fist which Adrien bumped with his own, acting as if it was completely normal for him to have his arm around the blue-eyed girl on his right who looked as if she may spontaneously combust as any second now.

The sound of the school bell suddenly shrilled, alerting everyone that afternoon classes were going to begin within the next few minutes.

Marinette's eyes widened as she let out a panicked noise. "I haven't taken my books out of my locker yet!"

"If we go now, we'll get to class on time." Adrien responded, not missing the exchanged look between Alya and Nino at the word 'we'.

Too panicked and in a lovestruck daze from the close contact to notice, Marinette nodded in response. As the two headed off to the locker room, Adrien moving his arm so that it now rested more comfortably around her waist, Adrien glanced over his shoulder and winked at Alya and Nino who sent him a thumbs up in return, giddy grins on their faces.