A Change of Heart - RenaNette (Commission)

Word count: 2442

Alya traced her hand along the cold chain of the necklace that was tucked away underneath her shirt. She still couldn't quite believe that Ladybug had actually allowed her to keep the fox miraculous indefinitely. She could save the world all the time now, something she'd always dreamed of doing ever since she picked up her first comic book.

Her kwami, Trixx, was safely hidden within her pocket. He had been quite an enjoyable companion to have so far, and Alya couldn't wait to feel the thrill of transforming into Rena Rouge once again. Every time she did it she could feel a boost of energy pool up inside her, one that meant she was raring to go and could face anything that came her way.

Alya pushed open the door to her classroom and sighed when she saw that her best friend was late once again. Was she ever not going to sleep through her alarm?

Although sleeping in may not be entirely Marinette's fault. It's partially Alya's too.

She felt a familiar feeling well up inside of her as she thought about her recent late night talks with Marinette. Her friend's — hopefully girlfriend's one day — hair had shone in the moonlight, and her eyes had sparkled as soon as Alya arrived on her balcony as Rena Rouge.

As a civilian, Alya thought that she hid her underlying feelings for her best friend quite well. She found it hard to cover up her crush on the stunning girl, but she didn't want her to know yet as Alya worried that, even though Marinette was one of the sweetest people she'd ever met, she may end up taking it the wrong way. She wasn't even sure if Marinette was into girls.

Marinette was in love with Adrien anyway. How could she, a simple civilian without a high status, in over a literal supermodel, one that Marinette was head over heels for?

Alya turned on her phone, scrolling through all of the recent posts on the Ladyblog as she waited for Marinette to arrive. She clicked on the most recent one, an article she had written with a picture of herself as Rena Rouge attached to it.

It wasn't any old picture of her as Rena, though. It was one of her saving Marinette from danger.

Looking back on it, Alya slightly regrets including the photo there. What if someone could see that she had a crush on Marinette from her facial expression in the photo? Alya couldn't help the fact that she looked so lovestruck whenever she was around.

Alya sighed and placed her phone away as the girl of her dreams finally walked into the room, a cheerful grin appearing on Marinette's face as she bounced towards Alya.

"I have great news!" She exclaimed and glanced around to check that nobody was listening before leaning towards Alya, so she could whisper in her ear.

Alya immediately felt her face heat up from the extremely close proximity and really hoped that Marinette didn't notice. It'd be rather hard to explain without blurting out 'I know we're best friends but I'm falling in love with you.'

"Adrien helped me up when I fell over," Marinette whispered and Alya felt her heart break a little. "He held my hand for a few seconds too."

"That's great." Alya replied with a grimace as Marinette pulled away, the cute grin still adorning her face.

Alya bit her lip in an effort to stop the tears that were building up in her eyes. She couldn't break down like this. She had to be strong.

✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩

Later that same day, Alya uttered the magic words and, in a quick flash of sparkles and bright orange light, she transformed into her superhero persona, Rena Rouge.