Secrets - Adrienette

Word count: 1668

Marinette sucked in a deep breath, preparing herself for what she was about to do. Her and Adrien had been partnered by Ms Mendeleiev for a physics project about radiation, and they'd agreed to work on it at Adrien's house as she'd mentioned her 'messy' room to him when they were deciding who's house to go to. In actuality, it was just her excuse for not wanting him to see her posters of his face again. He'd already teased her about it before after her room was broadcasted on national television.

She shook her head at that. She needed to focus and actually make her way in to the house for a start. Then there was the problem of talking to Adrien.

Marinette squinted and moved her hand out, reluctantly pressing the doorbell. A small, round camera popped out from a spot on the wall a few moments later and stopped directly in front of her face. Marinette tried to put on her best smile and hoped that she looked presentable enough to step inside the illustrious mansion.

"Good afternoon, Miss Dupain-Cheng. Come in." She heard Nathalie's usual monotonous voice state, the gates leading to the Agreste mansion slowly opening in front of her. Marinette took a moment to collect her thoughts and swallow down the building anxiety before she headed through the metal gates and up the steps towards the oversized front door.

The whole house gave an intimidating vibe, and she wasn't even inside it yet!

She knocked on the front door which opened a moment later to reveal an over excited looking Adrien Agreste standing behind it. Had he been waiting for her the entire time there?

He grabbed her by the hand as he started to lead her through the mansion, and Marinette could already feel her heartbeat quickening from the unexpected contact.

"I'm so glad that you were available to do the project today, Marinette. Otherwise, we may not have been able to do it at all due to my busy schedule," He informed her as he led her up the oversized staircase, an over excited grin still present on his face. "Oh, I'm taking you to my room, so we can do the project by the way."

In actuality, she already knew which one was his bedroom but he wasn't aware of that trivial fact as she'd been Ladybug at the time. She had to keep her identity a secret after all.

As he pushed open the door to his room, he suddenly let go of Marinette's hand, causing the raven haired girl's heartbeat to return to a normal pace. She really needed to learn to get a grip on her emotions before they spiralled out of control.

She fakes a gasp when she saw the massive expanse of his room, not wanting to give herself away by not being surprised by the overwhelming size of it.

Marinette followed him through the room and to the sofa and coffee table where Adrien had already set up some plates full of snacks.

"I didn't know what you wanted, so I just asked for everything I could think of." Adrien admitted, sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck. Well, that explains why there's so much food out on the table even though there's only the two of them. There were enough snacks there to feed their whole class!

This boy was going to be the death of Marinette someday. Why did he have to be so adorable?

The blonde haired boy beamed at her once again, causing her cheeks to become dusted with a light blush. Adrien then walked up the spiral staircase leading to an immense amount of shelves filled to the brim with books, CDs and video games. Most of them probably didn't even belong to him.

She watched as he smacked a hand to his forehead and let out a short groan a moment afterwards. "Marinette, I left some of the stuff we need downstairs in the dining room. Could you go and fetch it for me while I search for the textbook we need?" He asked, a pleading look on his face.