An Accidental Reveal (DJWIFI)

(Cross posted on Amino and ff.net)
This is a DJWIFI oneshot. I hope you all like it!

Synopsis: When Nino stumbles onto a secret he shouldn't have, how will he confront the person who holds the secret, none other than Alya Césaire, his girlfriend.

Word Count: 793 words
————————————————

He didn't mean to find out.

Nino was walking down the streets of Paris, headphones over his ears and minding his own business while making his way to the cinema where he would be meeting his friends to watch Mecha Monkey vs Cyber Shark 3 when he saw it.

Or rather, when he saw her.

He didn't mean to see it but the bright orange glow of light that surrounded the girl was entrancing and near-impossible to miss as he walked past the archway that led to a small area hidden behind some buildings where she stood as the magical light washed over her.

As the light gradually faded away, Rena Rouge became none other than Alya Césaire, his girlfriend. For a moment he lingered there and tried to process the newfound information in his brain. When it finally registered that Alya was Rena Rouge and that she and Ladybug would spot him if he remained there any longer, he ran away.

He ran further towards the cinema and hoped that he hadn't been caught seeing Alya's detransformation by the heroines of Paris. He didn't fancy getting shouted at by either of them. Alya could be scary when she wanted to and Ladybug could probably be frightening too if she wanted to be. She faced akumas almost every day without being even remotely terrified.

As he neared the cinema he slowed down until he reached a gentle walking pace and let his breath even out as he reached Max who was standing outside waiting.

"Isn't everyone here yet?" He questioned, knowing full well that Alya hadn't arrived yet but trying to feign innocence in case she was asked where she had been.

"We're only waiting for Kim, Alya and Marinette now that you've arrived," Max replied as he handed over Nino's ticket to him. "everyone else is waiting inside."

A short while later, the cinema flooded and Kim was taken underwater by what looked to be an akumatised victim. He figured that that must have been what caused all of the water to appear seemingly out of nowhere.

It also meant that he would have to try and act natural around Alya. Something that would not be easy.

'I can't lie to Alya!' He thinks. 'She's a future journalist and I'm horrible at keeping secrets!'

Taking a deep breath Nino walks over to Alya and slings his arm around her shoulders, hoping that she won't figure out that he's hiding something too easily.

"Are you okay Nino?" Alya asks. "You've got a weird looking smile on your face. Almost as if you're trying to hide something from me."

'Am I that easy to read?!'

Nino sighs and takes Alya's hand, leading her away from their friends and any other members of the public.

"I guess you should know. It's your secret after all." He explains and rubs the back of his neck sheepishly, a nervous habit he seems to have picked up from Adrien.

"What secret?"

He takes a deep breath, mentally preparing for the onslaught he may receive from her.

"Well, you see, I didn't mean to find out about it. It was an accident really and I'm so so sorry for finding out about it Alya and I-" He begins but Alya holds a hand up in front of his face.

"You're rambling Nino, what is it?" She asks and places a hand on his arm comfortingly.

"I accidentally saw you detransform from Rena Rouge to your normal self."

Nino winces and shuts his eyes not wanting to see her reaction to the secret. He eyes remain closed until he hears laughter coming from her mouth.

"Oh my goodness Nino. There's no need to get so worked up about it. If anything, I'm glad that it was you who found and not someone else." She explains between giggles as she doubles over with laughter at his confused expression.

"You're not mad?"

"What? No, of course I'm not!" She answers, he laughter finally subsiding. "Just promise me that this won't change anything between us, okay?"

"I promise." He replies, giving her a soft look as she gives one in return.

"Also, this finally means that I have someone to talk about it too!" She excitedly exclaims and begins to animatedly talk about her first adventure as Rena Rouge when her sisters, Ella and Etta, were akumatised.

Soon after the water dissapeared and Alya and Nino made their way out of the building, continuing to talk about Alya's double life.

He didn't mean to find out.

But he was glad that he did.