Chapter Seventeen: Two-Faced Professors

Start from the beginning

The animal spirit of the dog formed next to Harry. It caused the Cerberus, oddly named Fluffy, to look at him differently. All three heads tilted, looking at him.

"That's right, big guy," Harry tries to calm the beast down. "We're not going to hurt you. We know it's in your nature to guard, but we have potential idiots and bad people already down there."

Fluffy looked down at the trapdoor and whined a little. Music had, once again, gotten the better of his species.

Harry cautiously reached his hand out to the giant dog. He might be overestimating his powers, but you can't blame him for being an animal person. It is his mystic soul power after all.

"We just want to help," Harry told the Cerberus. "We are not after what you are guarding. Just the people after it already."

The middle head slowly leaned down and placed his cold nose on Harry's palm. He was now calm.

"I guess it's safe now," Melody said.

Harry took his hand off of Fluffy.

"Animals are more like humans than people give them credit for," he says. "And as an animal mage, I do tend to prefer the company of animals to humans. Mostly because animals value loyalty and family more. As the werewolves say, 'the pack is life."

"If it was possible, I think I'd poach you from Minerva and have you transferred to Hufflepuff," Sprout giggled.

The group went over to the trapdoor. Flitwick did a mass levitation charm, floating them all down gently through it. They landed on something green and really squishy. But the moment they landed, the plants they landed on started to snake around them. They all fell backward, being tied up by the plants.

"Try not to move," Sprout warned. "This is Devil's Snare. The more you move, the faster it tries to kill you."

"For the love of the gods," Melody swore. "Is this a school or a Saw movie?"

"A what," Flitwick asked.

"Explanation for another day," Harry responded. "Krinos, if you would."

The nature mage nodded at his brother. His eyes and amulet then glowed bright green. The Devil's Snare immediately untangled itself from them and then retreated away from the group. Unfortunately, that caused them to drop to the floor below them, as it seems that the plant was covering a non-completed floor. They all landed with a large "THUD" in the ground.

"If I had known that was gonna happen, I would have had that plant lower us down instead of just letting us go," Krinos says, standing up and brushing himself off.

"Quite impressive spell work, Mr.Gardna," Sprout praised.

"I've worked with my nature magic since I was little," Krinos softly smiled. "Plants have always been my sanctuary and my soul. I was able to communicate with our mother using nature from the time I was four."

They went to the next room, which was obviously the obstacle done by Flitwick himself. There were over four dozen bronze keys flying in the air. They looked a little rusty and their wings were like those of a dragonfly.

They saw that one of the keys had a slightly bent wing and was slower than the others. Melody unsheathed her wand and immediately cast the same summoning charm she had done on their first train ride to Hogwarts. The key instantly shot into her hand.

Flitwick was starting to deeply admire his three students. Even though Melody was the only one in his house, all three of them were starting to become his most favorite students that he's ever had. Even more so than Pandora Lovegood and Lily Evans.