Chapter 103 - Rest Required

It was a tough day for (y/n), today, as she fought her sleepiness throughout her first class

It was a tough day for (y/n), today, as she fought her sleepiness throughout her first class. She rest her head on top of her desk and tried to pay attention to whatever Professor Binns was talking about, for what she felt like hours have passed already.

Hermione was sitting beside her and noticed how (y/n) struggled to stay awake. They sat at the back of the room so she thought it'll be safe for her to whisper at (y/n). She leaned towards her ear. "Since when are you not in the mood for History?" she asked her.

"Everyone doesn't like History, Hermione." (y/n) replied, almost closing her eyes.

"Everyone expect you.. and I." Hermione argued.

"I know.. I just.. need.. a break~" she replied.

"But we just came back from our Easter break. What are you talking about? What have you been doing during the holidays that made you like this?" Hermione was concerned.

"I have been busy helping people around while all of you were away." (y/n) said.

"Malfoy went home for Easter break?" Hermione asked.

"Yeah.. him too. Family stuff he said. I was basically alone so I decided to help people out just so I wouldn't get bored. I went to Hagrid first, he asked me if I could help him feed Buckbeak in the morning because he has to feed another creature he found at the same time. He wouldn't tell me what kind though. So I had to wake up really early in the morning.. also had to walk fangs around then go fishing to feed my cat, Coal. In the Afternoon, I help Madam Pomfrey with her herbs for medicine, so I have to ran to the Greenhouse and get them from Professor Sprout. Then, in the evening—"

"Even at night?!" Hermione slightly raised her voice but everyone in the room heard it so they all looked at her.

"What do you mean, Miss Granger?" Professor Binns asked confusedly.

"O-Oh, I meant.. maybe.." Hermione tried to think of a response. "Giants also prepare for the war even at night."

"They do, infact..." Professor Binns continued talking to the whole class.

Hermione sighed for a relief. Then, she turned to (y/n) again. "Why even during those hours?" she whispered silently.

"Yes. I helped Madam Pince in the library too. Well.. I couldn't say no to everyone the next day and the day after that, when they asked for my help again. So yeah.. *yawn* I did that for the whole easter week." (y/n) closed her eyes.

"Goddess me. You're exhausted. You should go to the rest for the whole day." Hermione suggested.

"I can't miss Charms and DADA, Mione." (y/n) opposed.

"Well you pretty much know what the discussions would be about, if not you can catch up quick anyway. For now you seriously need some rest." Hermione said.