Chapter 12 - Jolly Jelly

Exams week is over. All the students finally have some time to relax and have fun.

It's December and most students are now packing to go home for holidays.

As for (y/n), she wouldn't be going home for the holidays as her father said so.

(y/n) entered the great hall and looked for some people she can stay with.

She saw Harry and Ron playing chest and Hermione watching them.

(y/n) walked over to them.

"Hello, mind if I join you guys?" (y/n) asked them.

"Not at all" Ron said while focusing on the game.

"Queen to e5." Ron said, and his Queen suddenly moved and smashed Harry's Knight.

"Ohhh... Cool." (y/n) said.

"Do you know how to play?" Harry asked (y/n).

"No, not really but I've watch my Day and my M-mum play.." she replied.

"I see.. You should ask Ron to teach you some time. He's really good. He have won 5 times in a row now." Harry said.

"It takes practice, Harry. You'll beat me one time." Ron said.

"Are you not going home for the holiday, (y/n)?" Hermione asked

"I was.. but father told me I should stay here because he's going to be very busy this holidays and might not have time for me at home. He said he might visit me here, but I don't know." (y/n) explained.

"How about you guys?" (y/n) asked.

"I was going home as well. But my parents said they would be busy too. They work as a dentist. A lot of people probably keeps on going to the dentist to have nice teeth for Christmas. So they decided to let me stay at Hogwarts for Christmas." Hermione explained.

"My parents is visiting my Brother Charlie in Romania." Ron said.

"I told my mum and dad that I would like to stay in Hogwarts, so Ron got some company." Harry said.

"Thanks." Ron thanked Harry.

"Seems like Professor Flitwick started putting ornaments on the trees. Poor Professor. It will probably take the whole day to decorate the whole hall." (y/n) said.

"Let's help him then. Come on, (y/n)" Hermione suggested as she stood up.

"Great Idea. Do you boys wanna come?" (y/n) asked.

"We'll catch up after the game." Harry said.

"Well, do hurry up. In fact, that game is totally barbaric." Hermione said.

(y/n) walked over to Professor Flitwick.

"Good Morning Professor, would you like some help?" Hermione said.

"Ahh my top students. Yes please. I would really need some of your help putting all of this ornament thought the hall." Professor Flitwick said.

"Not a problem, Professor." (y/n) said.

Hermione and (y/n) each grabbed a box for each tree.

"Ok. (y/n), you do the left side, and I do that right side." Hermione explained.

"Ok, sure." (y/n) said as they walked separately.

"Swish and Flick. Wingardium Leviosa~" (y/n) chanted, hunging it on the tree.

"Wingar-" (y/n) was cut by someone.

"Hey!" A random gryffindor girl called.

"Me?" (y/n) said pointing at herself.