Chapter 53 - Her Horror

(y/n) and Draco walked to the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom. They entered the door and came up with people standing. The two found Pansy with Crabbe and Goyle, so they walked over to them.

"What's going on? Why is everyone standing?" (y/n) whispered.

"Where are the desks?" Draco asked.

"The teacher said we won't need it for today. We're doing something interesting." Crabbe replied.

"Where have you guys been?" Pansy whispered.

"We had to run an errand." (y/n) replied.

*rattling sound*

"What's that?" (y/n) asked as she heard the sound.

Pansy pointed at the wardrobe, infront of the room. Everyone was observing it.

*rattling sound from the wardrobe*

"Intriguing, isn't it?" Professor Lupin started.

*rattling sound*

"Would anyone like to venture a guess as to what is inside?" Professor Lupin asked.

"That's a boggart, that is." Dean Thomas guessed.

"Very good, Mr Thomas." Professor Lupin praised.

*a loud rattling sound*

"Now can anybody tell me what a boggart looks like?" Professor Lupin asked again.

"No one knows." Hermione answered.

"When did she get here?" Ron was startled.

"Boggarts are shape-shifters. They take the shape of whatever the particular person fears most. What's what makes them so-" Hermione continued.

"So terrifying. Yes, yes, yes.. Luckily, a very simple charm exists to repel a boggart. Let's practice it now. Without wands, please. After me.. Riddikulus!" Professor Lupin explained.

"Riddikulus!" Everyone pronounced.

"Very good. A little louder and very clear. Listen.. Riddikulus!" Professor Lupin instructed.

"Riddikulus!" Everyone pronounced again.

"This class it ridiculous." Draco pronounced.

(y/n) hit him and giving him a look.

"Very good. Well, so much for the easy part. You see, the incantation alone is not enough. What really finishes a boggart is laughter. You need to force it to assume a shape you find truly amusing. Let me explain. Ahhhm. Neville, would you join me please?" Professor Lupin said.

Neville was hesitating.

"Come on, don't be shy. Come on." Professor Lupin called.

Neville walked in front.

"Hello. Neville, what frighten you most of all?" Professor Lupin asked.

"Professor Snape." Neville whispered very quietly.

"Sorry?" Professor Lupin asked again.

"Professor Snape." Neville answered clearly.

The others laugh.

"Professor Snape. Yes, frightens all." Lupin chuckled. " And I believe you live with your grandmother." He continued.

"Yes, but I don't want to turn that boggart into her, either." Neville replied.

"No.. It wont. I want you to picture her clothes. Only her clothes, very clearly in your mind. Now, when I open that wardrobe, here's what I want you to do." Lupin came over to Neville. "Imagine Professor Snape in your Grandmother's clothes." he whispered. "Can you do that?" Lupin asked. "Yes? Wand at the ready... One, two, three.." Lupin opened the wardrobe.