Chapter 29 - Love Letters

Defense Against the Dark Arts just finished.

(y/n) and Pansy are on their way to their Common Room.

"Miss (y/l/n)!" someone called.

It was Professor McGonagall.

The girls walked over to her.

"Hello, Professor. Have I done something wrong?" (y/n) asked.

"Oh no. Professor Dumbledore needs to see you." McGonagall said.

"There's news?" (y/n) asked.

"I believe so." Professor McGonagall said.

"Pansy, I'll see you back in the common room." (y/n) told Pansy.

"Ok. See you." Pansy said and awaked separately.

Professor McGonagall lead (y/n) to Professor Dumbledore's office.

"Professor Dumbledore. Have you got any information?" (y/n) said as she walked through him.

"Yes.. and no.. As you may know, your father was killed with a weapon that muggles invented. But, outside your house, there was magic. Now, I'm not exactly sure, whether only one person killed him, or two." Dumbledore said.

"What do you mean one or two person?" (y/n) asked.

"It's either a wizard helped a muggle or a wizard pretending to be muggle." He said. "Now, I don't want to doubt anyone. But do you know any background from your family? In particularly your mother?" Dumbledore asked.

"I only know my grandparents on my dad's side. But, mum.. her parent's died when she was 7. Mum was sent in a orphanage. But she ran away when she got her Hogwarts letter. Mum and Dad were both single child. I never really thought about other stuffs. Mum's wouldn't bring up her story. I feel like she's ashamed of how her past life was, until she met.. Dad." (y/n) said.

"I see.. We'll find more info soon as we go further." Dumbledore said.

"Maybe I can help with the investigation?" (y/n) asked.

"No, need. You're still young. You should focus on your studies first." Dumbledore said.

"I.. I understand.." (y/n) said as she turn around to walk on.

"Hold on.." Dumbledore stopped her.

(y/n) turned back.

"We found this box, beside your father, on the bed. I believe he was looking at it before the incident happen. You might wanna take a look on what's in the box." Dumbledore said, giving (y/n) a heart shaped box.

"O-okay.. Thank you, Professor." (y/n) said, then walked out of the office.

While walking, (y/n) took a peek in the box.

Letters...? I need to go somewhere private. , (y/n) thought to herself.

She decided to go to her hiding spot.

The Astronomy Tower.

(y/n) dropped her bag, then sat down near the balcony.

She opened the heart shaped box.

"It smells like mum's perfume." (y/n) whispered to herself.

There were tons of letters in the box. (y/n) chosed one to read.

Dear (y/f/n), 

"Are these... Mum's letters to Dad?" (y/n) said.

(y/n) continued reading.