Chapter 102 - Tragically Troubling

[ Back to (y/n) and Mad-Eye ]

"The night came, and my parents called for dinner. I went downstairs and trying to act normal." said Mad-Eye. "And then they asked me where Rose was and I said I thought she went down already, pretending I now nothing. We all went to her room and saw it empty. I got very nervous when my parents asked me where she was. I said I thought she was just there in her room. They even asked where she might go. I lied again saying I don't know."

(y/n) held her forehead. She was skeptical at first, but things she just heard just seem to have filled in some blanks. "Is that all? I mean, why wouldn't she just tell us? Dad and I would've understand."

"Her parents death was just too shocking for Rose. It had always been a sensitive topic for her. She wouldn't talk about it with me as well." said Mad-Eye said. "And.. Rose does what Rose does. Though, she did pitied the poor boy."

(y/n) slightly nod. "I see.. Have you ever seen each other after she left? Or at least kept contact with each other?"

"Yes, we did." said Mad-Eye. "We wrote letters a few times when she left. She said she met the boy and she found out the truth, just like in her so called viewings."

"Viewings?" (y/n) thought to herself. "Mum have the vision too?"

Mad-Eye continued. "But we eventually stopped. I don't know why what happened to her, plus my mum almost caught me writing to her so I eventually stopped sending some too — Few years passed. She went to Hogwarts. I recognised her right away. But during the sorting ceremony, they called her with a different name, I got confused. I confronted her after, and indeed, it was her. She said had to change her identity from now on. She also told me we can't talk to each other too much because it's gonna blow her cover. I never really understand what was her problem even up to now. But we kept our distances. We sometimes we greet each other like normal humble students, but never a full conversation."

"I see.. Do you know any more information about the Rimm boy?" (y/n) asked.

"No. I'm aftaid not."

(y/n) wondered. "So mum never told him about Gevano actually falling for her." — "Oh ok.. I was just wondering." she said. "Thank you for telling me all this though. About my mother, who she really was. Things.. I mean her story, it's kinda making sense now."

"After hearing about your father.. I can't imagine how tough it is for you to understand everything yourself." Mad-Eye said.

"Yeah.. It is.." (y/n) looked down the ground with tears forming in her eyes but she held it back so the professor wouldn't see it.

"I'm very sorry, for your time." Mad-Eye apologised. "You should hurry to the infirmary now and get your wounds treated."

"Ah yes. It's all good." (y/n) looked at the dripping blood on her legs and feet that were starting to get dry. Her wounds are now a little numb because of how chilly it is at the moment. "I guess I'll see you in class, professor.. or.. maybe uncle.. I don't know." she awkwardly chuckled.