Chapter Twenty-Six

Brianna's P.O.V

Everybody was seated at the dinning table waiting for their meal.

I was glad Alejandro didn't ask me why i was here. Alejandro was my best friend up until high school and before I even met Jane and Rachel.

He loved to draw and design dresses which was good for him because his Father owned a fashion company. When we were kids, especially on my birthdays, Alejandro would sketch a pretty dress, although his drawing was not good back then, he would give the sketch to his father and on my birthday, I'll have the dress in front of me. He still does it till this day and he's drawing is much more better.

Presently, he was helping me set the dinning table and didn't ask any questions about my being here which was weird.

I was actually proud of myself that i got the recipe of the spring rolls well. Although, some were a little browner than it should be, i managed to garnish it with coriander and tomatoes to hide the burnt parts.

Nathan was seating at the head table, Tony was at Nathan's right and Alejandro was at Nathan's left. Kelvin and Aaron were both seated beside Tony.

"Mmm, it smells lovely." Tony said as I placed the first plate in front of Nathan and the second in front of him.

"Thank you." I smiled as I dropped the last dish for Alejandro and was about to leave to rest for the day.

"Where are you going?" A commanding voice was directed at me. I knew that voice and we both had a mutual connection. The owner of it hated me and so did I. But one thing I didn't like right now, was that i found that voice attractive. Very attractive. Can you imagine? The same voice that threatened my company.

How pathetic of me.

"Helloo?....Burrito? My eyes widened as Alejandro called me the worst nickname of my childhood years. He waved his hands in front of me with a smile and i squirmed.

The faces his friends were making showed they were really trying to hide their laughter. Well, except Nathan he grinned widely showing his perfect pearly white teeth. Oh no, I did it again. I just said something good about him. Brianna, this has to stop.

He's a sadist, he likes when I'm being mocked!

"I-i was just going to grab a plate." I lied as i forced a smile and went to the kitchen.

Since Nathan came in he didnt even say a word to me. Even when i called him separately and told him 'Happy birthday', he just gave me a nod and left to shower. I went back with my plate to the dining table and made eye contact with Nathan. I stared deep into his green eyes and he stared deeply into my brown eyes. It was a staring contest. 15 seconds passed. Alejandro cleared his throat and i got distracted and broke our gaze but i didn't miss the smile on Nathan's face.

As I took my seat beside Alejandro, I watched as they were about to dig in but stopped them."Let's say a prayer of thanks."

"Oh! yeah-yeah sure. We knew that, we just wanted to check if you'll remember." Kelvin lied as he dropped his cutleries.

"True!" They all echoed.

I kept my hand in a prayer motion and started. "Heavenly Father, we thank you for the new age you've given to Nathan. I pray that he receives common sense in this new age. I thank you for the food we are about to eat and the mouth you gave us to. I want to ask that you give some people a heart to forgive and forget and not to threaten someone to work for them and ruin their life. I also pray for some people who undress women with their eyes and play with their hearts as if they were playing a soccer game. Please help them change their ways and to not hurt those precious women. I almost forgot! I pray also, you provide for those that do not have as you provided for us. Amen."