Twenty-Nine

Nathan's POV

Brianna, was really helpful when we got to Miami. I knew she didn't want to be here but she still came and I appreciated her for that.

When I saw my father laying there lifeless I lost it. Tears fell from my eyes and I couldn't stop it. I didn't want my father to die. At first I knew something was wrong from the strange dream I had last night. We were on a cliff top and the clouds became grey. He was saying something but I couldn't hear him. The wind was so strong and I told him to get out of the edge but he stood still. I tried to run to him but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get to him and eventually he fell from the cliff.

I didn't want what happened in the dream to happen in reality and to be honest i was scared. Brianna saw through me and comforted me. She told me to have faith even when the doctor said there was no hope. At first, I thought she was crazy but when I saw what happened, I believed.

After the doctors finished running their tests on him, they said we could go in. Mom rushed in immediately and went to hug him.

"Michael, you scared me. Thank God you are alive." She wept.

His eyes were open but he was still using the oxygen mask. I leaned on the door frame while I watched them.

He stroked her and wiped her tears with his forefinger. I went forward so he could see me and his eyes landed on mine. He started breathing fast and smiling. Tears fell from his eyes as he tried to say my name. He held out his hands so he could touch my face.

"Na-nathaniel," He whispered in a low hoarse voice.

"I'm here dad. I forgive you."

"Is that.....really?" He was finding it hard to talk with the oxygen mask.

"Shhh, don't stress yourself. Just get better and we would talk as much as you want." I hugged him. To be honest, it felt good to be hugged by my father again and I felt like the heavy weight of grudge have been lifted off my shoulder.

"Stop it or you'll both make me cry." Mom said and Dad smiled at her and hugged her too.

Few minutes later, i went out to check on Brianna. She hadn't eaten since we got here so I wanted to take her to a restaurant nearby but to my suprise she wasn't there. I checked everywhere in the hospital but there was no trace of her.

"Tyrus, did you see the lady I came with?" I asked the head body guard.

"Yes sir, she left in a hurry 15 minutes ago."

"Why didn't you stop her? "

"You didn't instruct me to."

I tried calling her phone but it went straight to voice mail. And then, I got a call from Alejandro.

"Dude, where are you?"

"I'm in Miami."

"You went home? Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, yeah. What's up?"

"I just sent your outfit over."

"Outfit, for what?"

"The birthday."

"Whose birthday?"

"Are you serious right now? She gave you an invitation card yesterday."

Dang! I totally forgot and i didn't even tell her happy birthday. "I'm on my way."

"Where are you going to?" Mom asked behind me.