Chapter Sixteen

Brianna's Pov

He kept peanut butter cookies, Hershey's, vitamin water and pain killers on the bed. And a smile crept on my face. How did he know about these things?

"You didn't get to eat dinner so, I got you this."

"Thanks, but I can't take sugary things when i'm on my period."

I was really thankful and hungry but I just couldn't take it. The after effect would be bad if I took it. But then, he had good intentions and the fact it crossed his mind to get it made me think he actually cared about me.

"I'll just take the vitamin water and the cookies." I took them from the bed and sat on the floor.

"You saw yourself on the bed this morning right?" He arched a brow.

"You won the bed didn't you?"

"I'm staying on the floor". He brought out two blankets from the drawer and took a pillow from the bed.

I wasn't going to protest but the bed was very comfy and tempting. So, why not? I ate quietly and watched him stare at the ceiling in deep thoughts. It was quiet for a while then, I broke the silence.

"I noticed you used glass furnitures often in your hotel. As a guest, I think it's a fragile thing to keep in a room. I'm sure some of them must've been shattered by guests."

"Yeah we wanted to change that this year." He put two hands behind his head and concentrated on the ceiling.

"Have you heard of Conrad Furniture Company. I heard they are the best when it comes to furnitures." My bussiness mode kicked in.

"We decided to go with Meubles already, they are the best." He corrected me.

I forgot about the name change. Didn't he know they were the same?

"I didn't see your friend in the hotel room." He said after a long pause.

"Which of them?"

"The stylish one."

"Rachel? Why, do you like her?" I teased him.

He rolled his eyes before he turned his back at me. "None of your business."

I groaned out loud, my waist was hurting.

"Brianna!" He half yelled. "I'm trying to sleep."

He was lucky, I wasn't the type that had moodswings I would have dealt with him.

"Is it that painful?" he looked at me when I didn't answer. No, am groaning because of the pleasure am having.

I rolled my eyes at the fact I had to be nice. "Only on the first day."
I replied meekly.

He went outside the room and came back with a glass of water.
"Take this." He gave me the pain killer and waited for me to lie back down. Then he did the unexpected again. He sat on the bed and patted my back which made me flinch at first, but I found myself drifting into sleep.

******

Early in the morning, we thanked Stella and Rick before leaving. The drive back to the hotel was quiet and comfortable. Nathan was driving this time. I didn't fight with him on it because I wanted to enjoy the early morning air.

He stopped at a big cafe and went around to open the door for me but I beat him to it.

"I mean the time you'd turn to open it, I can just open the door myself."

He laughed out loud. "You thought i was going to open the door for you?"

Oh!

The inside of the cafe had different colors of neon tables and chair. It had a cozy and bohemian feeling at the library and there was a demarcation between the pastries and the coffee side. Like it was partnered business.

I suggested to Nathan to take a chair closest to the window so Paul could get a good view of us. As we sat, i looked for the engraving Meubles on the side of the table. We always engraved the company name on our furnitures. This looked like the latest batch so i tried checking under the table for it.

"Hy, I'm kimora your waitress for today, what would you like?" She glanced at Nathan and looked at me while she spoke the remaining words.

She had black straight hair which she held in a messy bun. She looked about twenty-two and when she smiled you'd notice the birth mark above her lip.

Nathan ordered an esspresso without looking up from his phone and i ordered a cappuccino.

"Would you like anything else, I just finished baking a lot of goodies"

"Oh! you bake?"

"Yeah, am the owner." She clicked her pen before she looked up and smiled with satisfaction. I admired her she was young and owned her own business which was booming with the way the place was packed.

"What do you suggest I should get?" I asked in a friendly manner.

"It's hard to pick even for me they're all good and I'm not bluffing."

"Okay, I'll have a red velvet cake."

"Mmmh, very daring. I'll go and get it." She left without asking Nathan. In her defense, if he wanted some he wouldn't have been concentrating on his phone.

After a few, she came back with our orders. Few girls were giggling and trying to get Nathan's attention. I get it he was hot, why make it obvious. The fact they were staring while I was with him made it rude. Kimora noticed and walked up to them and said something before they fell silent.

I mouthed a "thank you" and she just shrugged before she entered the kitchen.

Nathan finally put his phone into his pocket when he saw his espresso.

"Looks like I'll be busy for a while. We're opening new hotels in five countries."

"Woah! that's massive, so you'll be gone for a long time huh?" I got enough pictures so his presence wasn't needed anymore.

"Yeah, when are you leaving?" He asked.

"Soon." I wiggled my brows.

He chuckled and i found myself smiling at him when I saw his dimples.

"Why do you live in a hotel anyways?"

"I didn't tell you I lived there."

"You're the owner and you stay in one of the suites which am guessing would be the best suites of all." I kept my elbows on the table while I spoke.

"Let's look at it this way. Imagine having your own house and leaving that hotel. The suite you currently stay at would be rented to a guest and in two months you can get as twice the amount of money you payed to buy a house." So now, tell me why you live there?"

Don't forget to comment, vote and share with your amazing friends..💙💙
Almost forgot, I would be making a book on kimora soon. I hope you'll check it out when it's ready.
Published: 2019 Sat June 15