Chapter Thirty-five

Brianna's POV

No, she can't be the one. But she had the same wavy hair, the same curve and the same fixed smile.

I remembered her now. I met her at the grocery store. She addressed herself as Sophia Hudson. She said I inspired her to fight for her love or something.

What have I done?

I felt betrayed in a way. I couldn't understand what I was feeling anymore. It feared me that they had a past together. A past with a child. What if she lied about the miscarriage and it turns out her baby was actually alive and she wanted Nathan to marry her. After all, the ring I saw in his room was hers and for the ring to be out in open he must've been thinking about her.

Their past scared me. I was scared that she could come back and take him away from me. Especially when a child was involved. I've heard of stories where couples who got separated could come back because of a child.

What if he still loved her?

I stood there glued to ground watching him leave with her. I know I didn't know her side of story but why was she doing this to me? I was really close to confessing my feelings to Nathan and now all this was happening?

Is this a sign?

Didn't he want to date me? Is this why he replied 'no' to Alejandro without thinking about it?

Ahhhhhhhh!!!!

I screamed in my mind. I was so lost in thoughts that i didn't know when Alejandro's started talking to someone on the phone.

"Yeah? I don't think man but I'll see what I can do." As he ended the call he turned to me. "He wants me to bring you home."

I scoffed.

He could take her home but not me? Really, when it comes to love I'm pathetic.

I sighed. "Let's go."

***

"I'm sure there's an explanation for what we saw? Maybe it was just a sincere hug like people do when they meet their old friends. " Alejandro peeped at me as he tried to keep his eyes on the road.

"Mmm!" I replied lowly.

"Brianna, Nathan's my best friend and so are you but if he ever hurts you, don't think I wouldn't waste time to beat the crap out of him."

"Mm."

"But if there's one thing i know, it's that Nathan doesn't act irrational. He didn't hug her back..."

"You...He left with her. You saw that didn't you?"

"There's nothing going on between them."

"How are you so sure!!" I raised my voice.

"Because he told me he likes you, okay? While you were playing with that dog he said he planned a romantic dinner for the both of you and he was going to ask you to be his girlfriend or whatever."

My stomach plummeted. "What?"

"He said he answered 'no' immediately because he wanted to make it official first and didn't want things to be assumed."

It was as if i had been splashed with cold water. I became sullenly quiet. I didn't know what to say. Was I a fool or just a novice when it came to relationships.

"Yeah! I'm a little surprised you didn't figure it out since you're miss smarty pants."

"Where are we going?" I noticed this wasn't the route to Nathan's parent's house.