Twenty

BRIANNA'S POV

Before i met the eyes of Dad, Jake and Nathan, i cursed under my breath then, i turned with the fakest smile i could pull. I went straight to the owner of the voice that called me and ignored the rest.

"Good morning, Mr Conrad." I tried being formal.

Jake scoffed while he settled papers for Nathan to sign. "Why are you being formal? No one is here and we are not working right now."

Dad pulled me into a hug. "I missed my baby girl and you look beautiful today."

"Thank you." I smiled.

"So, I saw the pictures. I'm sorry it didn't end well."

"As always, it doesn't." I muttered so he wouldn't hear.

It was taking all my energy not to look at Nathan but I did. He glanced at me with a weird look and my eyes went back to dad's immediately.

"Your mom had a dream that you'll be back today."

"Her dreams are always better than mine."

"Are you still having nightmares?" He checked my temperature.

"I am fine dad, stop worrying. I'll pretend like you didn't fire me five months ago and be nice to you. Okay?"

His face fell once I said the word.

"Dad, stop worrying yourself, she's only having nightmares because of the things she's done."

He ignored Jake. "You're birthday is in two days and your mom said if I see you, I should tell you to meet her at her workplace."

"Cool." I tried to walk out again but was stopped when dad called.

"Can you be a darling and give Mr Hudson a tour to the place he invested in?"

"Uh Dad, i don't think that Jake is busy. He likes kissing peoples asses so he might as well kiss his." Jake frowned as I smiled sarcastically.

"With that attitude, you'll be joining the queue of ass kissers when you realize no one likes you."

"That's enough!" Dad warned the both of us. "I'm sorry for my children's behavior, Mr Hudson."

"It's no problem. Sometimes, i wish i had a sibling i could tease too."

"Trust me, when they are both working under the same company. It's not so fun. Brianna," Dad called again. "Jake is going to the workshop to talk with the carpenters so please, help out this time. Please."

I rolled my eyes and looked at the red bruised hand Nathan gave me. "Right this way Mr...eh...Hudson." I said his last name with hesitation cause I wasn't used to it.

The dark grey clouds made the office appear dark as if it was midnight and I walked in front of Nathan without looking back as he followed me. I didn't have to look back to know he was glaring at me.

A normal person would hate me for what i did.

As I got to my office, I gestured for him to enter and i closed the glass doors to give us privacy from the employees who were already wondering what was happening. His hands were in his black jean pockets waiting for me to explain myself and instead i stared at the visible H on his belt.

"Oh please would you stop staring at me like that? It's not like you had a girlfriend or something. You were the only man in my life that was available and i had to use you."

He clenched his fist in anger and I swallowed hard.

"You think you can use someone like that and get away with it? Hmm," he laughed sarcastically. "You messed with the wrong person. Brianna, I will make sure I bring you down to your knees. Even when you're crawling, I'll have no mercy on you. I trusted you. I thought we were friends and you-you went ahead to do something like that. Was all that act for the camera?" He kept his hands on his waist and looked down at me. "And here i am-waiting for an explanation and guess what? You're not even remorseful. I will make sure you pay for this."