Chapter Thirty-Two

Nathan's POV

We ask this to people who fall in love. "When did you start to love them? How did you know he or she was the one?"

But the thing is, you can't put a finger on the exact time you fell in love. It comes at you so randomly that you can't tell when you fell in love with that person.

Then, it tortures you.

You can't eat or sleep without thinking about them. Even when you're driving or working there's this desire to know what the other person is doing.

It drives you insane.

It's was now a month since I left New York City.

That means, it's been a month since I saw Anna. I missed her voice, her once in a while genuine smile and her sweet coconut scent.
I remembered the time I made her laugh when I pretended I was scared in the house she took the furnitures from. I felt satisfied seeing her burst into laughter.

When she told me the story of Amelia Walter, I knew the story was somehow connected to her past. I wanted to assure her that I wouldn't allow anyone to ever treat her like that or even harm a single hair on her body .

I wanted her to trust me and know that I'll come between her and whatever tried to hurt her. I wanted to offer her my genuine protection. She was too good to be used by her ex.

What kind of heartless delinquent could do that to Brianna or any lady in general? I wanted to tear his heart out of his chest.

He needs to be taught a lesson.

"Nathan, are you okay?" Collins asked when he noticed me glaring at the paper.

"Uhm.Yeah-Yeah, I'm fine. Why?"

He pointed below me. "Your pen, you broke it while writing."

*Crap*

I looked down at my now broken pen. I was holding it too tight and broke it while thinking of ruining that inconsiderate guy. I threw the pen in the trash can and took a new one from the pen holder.

I have to do something about him.

Was her ankle healed? I knew she wouldn't wait for her leg to heal before she started using it again. She was a very hot headed and attractive woman.

Was her health okay and had she eaten? I wanted her by my side so I could take care of her. There were times when I wanted to call her but I didn't have her phone number. I even tried to call her work but she was never available.

Thinking of work, I looked at the piles of documents scattered in front of me. I needed to go through them thoroughly before signing. It was mostly about people that wanted to do business with us. Collins, my P.A and the company's lawyer Cheng, were sitting in front of me also reviewing some files.

As I tried to concentrate on the same line I had been reading over and over my phone buzzed in my pocket.

I checked the caller I.D and saw it was Mom.

Living with my parents made me realize how much I missed them. Dad was recovering greatly and he already stopped using his wheelchair.

When he was fully recovered, we spent most of our time outdoors and he showed me his new hobbies and took me to his favourite pottery class.

Dad wanted to know every detail about how I started my hotel and pushed it into a hotel chain. He and mom were constantly teasing about Brianna. They wanted to know her age, her profession and her name.

They just knew her as the girl who prayed in the hospital and I wanted to keep it that way. I wanted them to respect her privacy and not to bother her with questions.