Twenty-Eight

Brianna's P.O.V

It was 2P.M already and Nathan's dad was improving greatly. The doctors constantly checked up on him and ran some test from time to time. Nathan's mom had been curiously looking at me-she tried to be polite about it but I still noticed it and it made me uncomfortable.

In a way, it wasn't really her fault because Nathan didn't introduce me to her with all the hustle going on. And after years of not seeing his family, he came back home with a girl. So, I avoided the stare and awkward situation by checking my phone to release the tension.

Suddenly, at 2:25, his dad woke up and the doctors allowed Nathan and his mom to go in and see him.

I wanted to stay longer but the only available flight which was commercial I had managed to book was at 3PM and mom was constantly texting me to not be late.

I didn't have much time to say goodbye. I just rushed out to the front door and as soon as the electronic glass door opened, I was bombarded with a bunch of reporters.

"Excuse me Miss, can you tell us the current situation on Michael Hudson? " A female reporter put her mic in front of my face.

I squinted my eyes from the bright scorching sun. "I don't know wh-"

"Did he kick the bucket?" A slim guy pushed his way to the front with his mic.

Oh, so they were talking about Nathan's dad. "I really can't tell you about that." I struggled to push my way out of the crowd and sighed in relief when i succeeded.

"Wait, isn't that Brianna Conrad?" One of the reporters recognized me. The others turned to look at me and ran to my direction. In less than a second I was bombarded again.

Reporter 1, "Brianna, what brings you to Miami?"

Reporter 2, "Are you doing business with the Hudsons?"

Reporter 3, "Did you hear about Nathan Hudson's arrival?"

Each of them stuck out their mics in my face expecting an answer.

I ran out to the curb to look for a taxi but there was none at sight. The reporters still ran after me. "Tell us what we need to know!!" They yelled as the ran after me.

I wonder when reporters turned into papparazi's. I was about to cross over to the next street when a blue lamborghini pulled over and rolled down the window.

"Nathan's girlfriend!" He yelled.

I looked at the strange guy who had dirty blonde hair.

"You look like a damsel in distress. Get in."

His eyes were covered with sun glasses so I couldn't get his face. "No, thank you. I'd rather run in circles with this reporters than to enter a car with a stranger."

He removed his glasses. "It's me Kelvin. Get in quickly they are catching up to you."

I jumped in quickly and closed the doors. Kelvin roared the engine and the car flew past the disappointed reporters. Poor them, they were only doing their job but it wasn't my place to tell them about Nathan's dad's well being. The A.C of the car cooled my hot skin and I relaxed as I watched the trees and houses fly by.

"Thank you, you just saved me."

"No problem. Although, It wasn't really my plan to help you. Why? Because your Nathan's girlfriend and I don't want him to have one."

I rolled my eyes. "You know I have a name."

He laughed awkwardly, "Truth is that I've forgotten your name. Wait!" He snapped his fingers, "I've gotten it. It's Bianca right?"