Chapter Fifteen

Brianna's Pov

I felt dizzy and tired with pains when we got to the house. My tummy ached badly but I wasn't going to let Nathan think I was lazy. So I tried to act professional and pushed the sickness away.

"We're making lasagna" He dropped the bags and washed his hands.

"Help me with the onions." He gave me the onion and a sharp knife. Why did he give me the hardest thing to do? I steadied the rolling white onion on the chopping board.

"So, you're good at cooking?" I tried to start a conversation as tears welled up in my eyes but dare not drop. I was good at holding back tears even onion tears. I never cried in front of people.

"It's the only meal, i can cook."

"Who taught you?"

He fell silent for a bit.

"You must've liked her cooking for you learn the recipe. I think it's great whe- Did i say something wrong?" I just realized the hurt expression on his face. "I'm sorry."

He rolled his eyes when he saw me struggling with the onion. He took out a packet of gum from his pocket and gently shoved one into my mouth. The electrifying feeling came again, he must've felt it too because he quickly redrew his hands after maintaining his green eyes on my lips or I was just imagining things.

"The gum should keep your mouth busy since you like talking and you're supposed to soak the onion in cold water then, face it down and cut".

"I knew that. I just wanted to cut it in a different way." I lied and started cutting the onion. Like I said, hardest thing to do.

He was standing by my side and crossed his left hand to my left so he could hold both my hands and in a slow motion he cut it. His scent filled my nose, it was like sandalwood or something husky and woody. Whoever created men fragrance bless their hearts.

"Just like that, in small sizes". He removed his hands.

"Thanks". I mumbled.

When I was done, I washed my hands and watched him. I noticed his masculinity, his biceps involuntarily flexed as he strained his arm. He placed the lasagna pasta on top of the sauce, then covered it with the cheese. He had a smile on his face like he remembered someone while doing it.

Dinner was finally ready and I helped him with the table. Rick and Stella joined us when Nathan called out for them. As i took a bite I almost moaned. It was absolutely amazing and i found myself smiling.

"So where did you two meet?" Rick asked when we settled on the table.

"At a bar."

"In an elevator."

"At the hotel." We both corrected ourselves.

Stella smiled to herself "When's the car coming?"

"Tomorrow morning." Nathan replied as he took a full spoon of lasagna in his mouth.

"No, I don't want you to leave, I'll have to cook dinner tomorrow". She joked.

Everyone laughed besides me. Something was definitely wrong with my body. I couldn't eat, i was feeling hot and nauseous.

"Are you feeling okay," Rick asked and everybody turned to stare at me.

I smiled weakly at them "I just need to use the bathroom for a bit".

I threw up once I reached the sink. What was happening? I wasn't feeling stressed today so what's going on.

I had the sudden urge to pee and when I stood, I saw the unexpected.

"No, not today can't you just go back in and come out tomorrow".

I heard a knock on the bathroom door. "Don't come in," I yelled.

"Are you okay?" Nathan asked. Did he care about me? A normal person would ask that silly.

How was I going to explain. I didn't have any tampons and I couldn't take the risk of using tissues.

"Uhm, I'm fine. It's just that.....uh, someone just came to visit me". I said hoping he would understand.

"Someone's in the bathroom with you?"

"The visitor that comes at the end of the month just came". I tried again.

"Santa Claus is with you?"

I rolled my eyes. Does Santa visit every month?

"I mean like a visitor is in me.... coming out of me rather."

"A visitor is in you? What is going on there?"

"Period"

"Period as in full stop?"

"Oh My! Nathan, I got my period. Okay?" I yelled in frustration.

He felt silent on the other end and i Imagined him awkwardly running his hand through his silky bronde hair.

"Uhm, okay just stay here, I'll be back."

I rolled my eyes where else am I going to be.

He came back after a while and opened the bathroom door slowly. "Don't open the door." I snapped before he shut it back.

"Chill, I just want to give you something."

He slightly opened the door, his back was facing me and he stuck out his right hand and waited for me to take the bag.

I was surprised by the weight of the bag. Did he buy the whole store? My guess was right? He bought menstrual cups, pads and tampons of different brands. He even bought a period kit. Inside were hand sanitizers,menstrual panties,thermacare heatwraps and wipes.

"I didn't know the one you liked so I just bought all." He said awkwardly behind the door when he heard my shuffling.

I preferred pads. The idea of using menstrual cups were scary for me. I wasn't comfortable with the idea of something being inside my vagina all day. Well, I hadn't tried it before maybe people liked it for a reason.

"Are you done?" He asked with concern.

"Shhh, don't talk." I showered and when I got out, I was suprised with what I saw on the bed.

.............................................................

Don't forget to vote, comment and share😘😘