Epilogue

Brianna's Pov

Epilogue

I widened my eyes at Nathan and he stared back at me in the same manner. We both knew what just happened.

My water broke.

We were gathered at Nathan's parents anniversary and everyone we knew was around including my parents. There were about fifteen people who had asked me when I was due and the truth was, I didn't know that and i also didn't know the gender of my baby. I wanted it to come as a suprise. I had already picked out names on the first month of our pregnancy. If it was a girl, her name was going to be Zara and if it was a boy Nathan picked Evan but I thought Evan was to plain so we settled on Evander.

Nathan didn't want me to lift a finger during our pregnancy. He hired a nutritionist who watched me like a hawk two-four-seven and taught me all about the food that was good for me and the baby. Nathan didn't want me to work when he started seeing my tummy grow. He said he would take care of everything. He wouldn't even let me go down the stairs alone.

Being pregnant was one of the best things that had ever happened in my life. Knowing that you're carrying a life inside of you is the most joyful feeling in the world. I was glowing.

My hair felt softer, my skin was clearer and there's this unexplainable glint that made me look prettier.

I loved it.

But there was one problem.

I was sick of being lonely. Nathan literally forced me to take a maternal leave. He was over protective and I understood from his side. He had lost a child before and he didn't want to loose me or our unborn baby. So, I agreed to stay at home for three months. He filled in for me at work and that made it hard for me to see him. There were people at the company planning to steal a lot of stocks and that made it harder for me to see Nathan. He was busy trying to find out who they were. There were times i tried to wait for him to come back home and i know he did come back that night because i felt his kiss on my forehead but the next morning, he was already gone. We hadn't been seeing each other for days or rather, I hadn't been seeing him for days.

He was either out of the house before i woke up or he came back after i had gone to bed.

He always wrote a note on the bedside table apologizing and explaining before he left the house. I was sick of it. He also worked on Saturday and Sundays. Now, i could see how frustrating it was to be a workaholic. One Saturday, i was so happy that he stayed at home. The people that tried to steal the stocks had been arrested and I had the chance to fill him in with everything that had been going on around the house. I told him i was so bored and then, he suggested for me to learn how to cook. He decided to employ a Chef who was very friendly and he taught me how to make different cuisines from around the world. I was getting good at cooking. I even started getting creative in making dishes. Like cucumber cups.

Nathan made a joke saying that I should stick to normal foods since my creations were extraordinary but absolutely not normal to the stomach.

It wasn't funny. But Chef Louis encouraged me and even shared some of his secret recipes with me. The fact he shared it with me and liked making skin contacts with me made me realize he had feelings for me. I'm not going to lie, i felt good that with my pregnancy someone still found me attractive while i felt like a fat blob. Fortunately, i had to put him in the friendzone quickly. He knew i was married, I didn't get why he was acting like that.

Nathan wasn't fond of our closeness and was overeating about our friendship. Then one day, Chef Louis stopped coming to the house. Till this day i wondered what happened.

Besides that, my mom and Nathan's mom took me baby shopping. They taught me about some weird things like different nipples for baby bottles. I never knew there was something like that. I was quite embarrassed in the baby store when Mrs Paula suddenly asked, "Does your nipple look like this, honey?"