Chapter Nine

Brianna's POV

We traced the voice and saw Abigail shivering and crying to herself. Rachel quickly ran to her. She always had a soft spot for everyone.

''Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know people were here." Abigail wiped her tears when Rachel hugged her.

''Yo, you okay?'' Jane asked.

''My To-Tony is getting married tomorrow.'' She whimpered.

"Isn't that a good thing?" Rachel asked.

"No. I still love him but we can't be together."

"Well, the heart was made to be broken. You'll have to get used to it." I stated the obvious for her.

Jane looked at me, confused. Rachel must have been annoyed too because she threw her shoe at me but I easily dodged it.

''He is getting married to my friend tomorrow and she asked me to be her bridesmaid which I said yes too.''

''And why did you say yes?'' Rachel asked in an annoyed tone.

"Because I can't say no". She burst into tears.

''Then it's easy, let's break them up.'' Jane said with a smirk.

''No you can't. Bella is pregnant. They have to get married, that sweet little baby cannot grow up without a dad.'' She sat down on the grass to explain further.

Bella, her name sounded familiar like the one I knew back in college. She was a major fortune hunter. All the guys she dated in Arizona were all loaded. Something she learnt from her mother. The last guy she dated didn't want kids so she had to tie her tube to keep the relationship.

''It was always weird between me and Tony's family." Abigail's word brought me out of my thoughts.

"They think anybody who isn't rich like them is a gold digger but that isn't me. I was so uncomfortable with them and one day Tony made a joke about how I liked their mansion in brazil and I lost it. I said if that's what you think I am we should just break up right now. I lost him and i didn't mean it. I was just so angry and when I finally had the nerve to call and say sorry someone else had already grabbed him." She said softly as she wiped a tear from her face.

"By chance, is the Bella you are talking about Bella Stone?'' I had to ask to confirm my suspicion.

She looked at me with wide eyes"How did you know?''

Rachel sighed ''Bella tied her tubes a long time ago, she can't give birth.''

''And I heard from dad that her family is having money issues." Jane added.

I noticed the anger in Rachel's eyes when Jane mentioned money issues.

"Oh my goodness! I have to tell Tony immediately." She said quickly.

I stopped her. ''Be calm little one. I have a better idea." This time, It was my turn to smirk.

"It's been long since I saw that face.'' Rachel laughed.

********
It was Sunday evening the day of the wedding. I was dressed in a nude sleeveless gown. I made sure my fake baby bump was intact and i did a light make up to look like a pregnant lady who didn't have time for her make up.

After many arguments with Rachel on what i should do with my hair, i finally let it rest on my shoulders.

Thankfully, the Ceremony had not started when we got there but the place was already packed. I finally saw an empty chair at the third row where I would get noticed and I walked towards it like a pregnant woman would. The chair was in the middle and when I started moving to enter, a man smiled and stood up and offered me his seat and occupied the one I was supposed to take.

Apparently, when you're a pregnant woman, you get special treatment.

Someone was texting like crazy by my side and the noise was irritating me. ''Excuse me, I'm a pregnant lady and any thing you do will annoy me so can you stop the texting or put your phone on silent mode? That would help me alot."

He glanced at me and continued with his phone and then, he looked at me again with shock this time. His gaze felt soft when he saw my appearance but he quickly masked it. The person was green eyes.

"What are you doing here?" We said the same time.

"Who knocked you up?" He smirked.

''You are not following me are you?" I asked.

"Like i have nothing better to do." He looked at my face and then my fake stomach "What are you up to? I'm very sure you were not like this yesterday when you shut your door at my face." He tried touching my stomach to see if it was real.

I swatted his hands away. ''I asked you first. Why are you here?"

''Na, you didn't but am here for the groom and you?"

''I'm here for the bride" I smiled to myself.

He rolled his eyes. "You know he doesn't love that cake-faced friend of yours right? He's in love with someone else. He's just doing what he thinks is right. Now that I think about it, you both have something in common. Cakefaced'' he said in a whisper.

I laughed at his description of Kaitlyn then stopped when I realized that he meant me too.

I could see the smile that crept on his face when I laughed but he quickly hid it.

"I'm not here for the bride I'm here FOR the bride. You'll see". I said with a sly smile.

Mehn. That was not easy to write. So, What do you think will happen? I want to see your comments because i love reading them and they make me see my work from someone else's point of view. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Meanwhile, don't forget to VOTE, comment and share with yo famz. Am out...💜