Chapter Thirty-Three

Brianna's P.O.V

My hands were trembling. I was trying not to freak out. Autumn was already coming to an end but it still managed to be hot in Miami. I wasn't sure if it was just me or the weather but one of us was definitely hot.

Meeting Nathan's parents wasn't exactly what I planned for the weekend but this was a perfect opportunity to see him again and tell him how I really felt.

Currently, I was standing in front of his parents large oak mansion door holding a cherry pie. My heart was racing and my hands turned cold.

Freaking out, I cracked my neck, my fingers and wiggled my body to ease the nervousness.

Still didn't work.

I went down the stairs on the porch and came back up while practicing my speech. Suddenly, i realized it mattered what they thought of me because first impressions mattered and i wanted them to like me. Like a lot.

I placed my hands on the door for support to stretch my left leg and with a sudden pull, I was forced to stumble into the house.

"Ahhhhhh!!!"

I found myself colliding with the floor in less than a second.

"I'm sorry, are you okay? I had no idea you were still leaning on the door." I heard an elderly british male voice feel sorry from above.

Still? Was i being watched? Oh no!

I stood up from the floor and cleared my throat awkwardly.

"That's okay. It was totally my fault for standing there." I said as i pulled down my shirt and picked up the pie that I dropped on the floor while doing my exercises.

"Welcome, Miss Brianna. We've been expecting you." He gestured for me to come into the foyer with a warm smile.

The house was so cozy and beautiful. The architectural design inside was the combination of both classic and modern. The interior was magnificent dressed in glossy marbles, gold mouldings, shiny black tiles and expensive crystal chandeliers. Everything looked so neat and priceless. I was awed by the simplicity yet it had an elegant touch to it.

"Thank you, sir."

"Please, just call me Walter."

I smiled back, "Sure, Walter."

"The weather is quite hot today. May I suggest a lemonade or an ice tea."

The drinks sounded awesome but I was too nervous to drink anything. What if I peed in front of his parents or accidentally spilled a drink on Mrs Paula.

I couldn't.

I smiled, "No, thank you. I'm fine."

"Too nervous to meet them?"

"Is it showing? I'm freaking out."

He laughed. "It's okay, the Hudsons are nice people. I can assure you that."

As if on cue, i heard Mrs Paula's heels and Mr Michael Hud$on coming from the staircase to the foyer.

She was wearing a white cotton jumpsuit and a broad brimmed fedora hat while her husband, Mr Hudson was wearing a blue custom made suit and was looking younger and healthier beside his wife.

If I didn't meet him in the hospital a month ago, I wouldn't have thought that this healthy good looking man was sick at all.

"Brianna, you're finally here." She engulfed me in a hug.

Okay, note to self, she's a hugger. A tight one.

When she released me, I spoke up with a shaky voice.