23.0

Taehyung breathed in the morning air, looking out at the beautiful garden. Whoever does the gardening here is a masterbrain. It was so beautiful and sophisticated, perfectly fitting with the exterior of the mansion.

"It's beautiful isn't it." A familiar voice spoke up from behind Taehyung, it was Yoongi. "Who made the garden this way?"

"Beth, back in the 1800's. Nowadays Seokjin and Hoseok upkeep it." 

"Be honest, who did a better job?"

"Obviously Beth." Taehyung snickered before his eyes fell on the red roses surrounding the small stone fountain in the middle of the garden. Taehyung strolled over towards the roses, crouching down next to them. It didn't take long before Taehyung felt the presence of Yoongi behind him again. "These were planted with such precision." Taehyung breathed out, carefully gliding his fingers over the petals. "Hm, that's Beth for you, quite the perfectionist." Yoongi's feet dragged across the pavement before he crouched down next to Taehyung. 

The red head was messing around with the flower stem when a sharp thorn pricked Taehyung's thumb. "Ouch." He hissed out before his head slowly turned to face Yoongi. "Please tell me you're not attracted to the smell of blood like a shark. I'm too young to die."

"I am, but I can behave." Yoongi said, his eyes were too focused on the roses. Taehyung stuck out his thumb in front of Yoongi's face, making the vampire visibly gulp.

"Don't tempt me Taehyung." Yoongi regained his posture, lowering Taehyung's hand away from his face. The man shrugged, muttering a soft "Your loss" before sticking his thumb in his mouth.

Taehyung's eyes met Yoongi's questioning ones. "What? Saliva makes it heal faster." The vampire merely rolled his eyes at that, he probably thinks the human customs are odd. "Nothing." Yoongi muttered under his breath. 

Taehyung was searching for something to break the silence with. Despite the silence being comfortable, Taehyung always liked to hear the sound of Yoongi's voice. It was quiet and calm, definitely the type of voice that could make you fall asleep, but in a positive way.

"I have a hypothetical question for you." Taehyung eventually spoke up, looking over at the vampire that was already looking at him. "Shoot."

"What would you do if we decided to leave before the year is over?" Yoongi raised his eyebrow at him. "Are you trying to insinuate something right now?"

"No, no. Just wondering how'd you react."

"Pretty upset, I guess.... You three are the first humans we have allowed to get close to us ever since I became the leader. It's kind of a big deal...."

"Just say you will miss us." Taehyung giggled, hitting his knee. A disgusted look sprawled across Yoongi's face. "I would not miss a single one of you."

"Oh come on, we both know you'll miss me."

"No."

"You'll miss me~~" Taehyung sang, bumping his shoulder against Yoongi's. "Absolutely not."

"Ooooh you'll miss me so much."

"I would miss you like a toothache." Yoongi grumbled, standing back up from their awkward crouching position. "Tell me you'd miss me" Taehyung teased, getting up in Yoongi's face. "Taehyung.... I would not miss you. You're too annoying to be missed."

"You still like me though, so who is the real loser here?"

"I do not like you, you're the cause of all my headaches." Taehyung clicked his tongue and stepped closer to the vampire. "You risked your life to protect me multiple times despite your obvious hatred for mundanes. If that isn't proof you like me then I don't know what is."

"The answer is simple, you're in my clan now. I hold responsibility to protect the weak."

"THE WEAK!?" Taehyung let out an offended shriek. "SAYS YOU, GRANDPA!" Yoongi softly chuckled, breaking eye contact with Taehyung. The red haired boy stomped his fist jokingly against Yoongi's shoulder. "You're teasing me, aren't you? That's my job!"

"Too bad, I took it." Yoongi set even another step closer to Taehyung, their breaths fanning against each other. "Oeeeehhh, you want to kiss me so bad." Taehyung taunted, he wasn't going to allow that ancient dinosaur to take his job. 

"You're right." Yoongi placed his hand on the back of Taehyung's neck, pulling him down to connect their lips for a short moment. With a teasing smirk, Yoongi strode back inside the mansion. Taehyung stood frozen in place, the color of his face matching his hair. 

"That isn't fair!" Taehyung yelled out, his voice breaking from the nerves mid sentence.

The contact was so short yet it managed to make all the butterflies in his stomach flutter. Perhaps, he does really like Yoongi, but he won't admit to it though.