Chapter 68: happy ending <3

I know almost everyone probably gave up on the fandom/this story lol, but I decided to finally finish this last chapter. This book honestly means a lot to me, although the writing is so cringy- I've met some amazing people because of this fandom and story, I'm so fucking grateful for it all bricnfjd. And to that, here's the final chapter❤️

••••

He knocked once, twice, then three times. Stuffing his hands into his pockets and waiting nervously for the door to open. A smaller arm wrapped around his as Clementine held onto him tightly, her head laid on his shoulder as she waited for her mother to open the door. After a few moments the door swung open, revealing Carly with a wide smile. She pulled the two adults into a tight embrace as she laughed with joy.

"You're here, finally." She sighed, releasing her grip from the two. "Aj's waiting for you guys in the living room."

"Okay mom." She whispered softly, pulling Louis along and towards Aj. The now basically teenage boy laid on the couch, his legs hanging off the sides as he tapped his thumbs along the screen of his phone.

Carly cleared her throat, giving Aj a stern look as he chuckled nervously. "Hey Clem, hi Louis." He said with a grin, standing up and giving the two a hug. Clementines eyes widened as he pulled away, her hand cupped his face as she smiled brightly.

"You're getting so tall already!" The girl gasped. "He's taller than you now." Louis teased, making Clementine roll her eyes as she gently pushed Aj away.

"You literally saw me two weeks ago."

"And somehow you've grown taller than me already." She said quietly, sitting on the couch and laying her head back. "I knew you'd grow to be taller than me."

"Clem everyone's taller than you." Louis teased, grunting in pain as Clementine gently elbowed his ribs.

Clem stood up and walked into the kitchen, seeing Carly cutting up a clove of garlic. Her fingers almost being cut by the knife as Clementine gently tapped her shoulder.

"Need any help?"

"How about you start on the noodles." Carly whispered with a smile, watching as her daughter swiftly moved across the kitchen. Clementine looked towards Louis and Aj, her small smile growing wider as she saw the two talking. She turned on the stove and leaned against the counter, sighing softly as she stared down at her socks.

*******

Louis gently pulled the older woman into a corner, Clementine gathered their things meaning Louis only had a few minutes to ask the long awaiting question. He rubbed his elbow nervously, staring at Carly who wore a bright smile.

"Okay, so." He whispered, dragging along his words. Carly nodded along, waiting for him to continue. "I love Clementine, a lot. We've been together for a few years now and it just, feels right."

Her smile only brightened as she continued to listen to the young man in front of her.

"Out of respect for you... and Lee, I would greatly appreciate it if I could have your blessing."

"To marry Clementine?" She asked, leaning against the wall. Louis timidly nodded as he stared at the ground.

"She's the love of my life."