Chapter 2: a familiar face

"Clementine, didn't expect to see you here." The familiar brunette smiles. "Have a seat." Clementine awkwardly rushes to a seat in the middle, her cheeks flush at the sound of kids laughing behind her. She always had a problem with believing everyone hated her, she'd have to ignore whatever thoughts rushed to her head and put headphones in. She turned the volume to low and waited for lily to give instructions.

"Hello class, today we have a new student Clementine." She said joyfully, Louis pondered at the girl beside him as she looked forward. She was quite beautiful and mysterious, something about her made him intrigued. "Could you please stand up?" She whispered to clem.

Clementine looked up with a frown, almost to complain. She hesitantly stood up and rested against the table, she waved shyly as others did the same. The boy in the back watching her intensely as she stared at the teacher, with each second hoping she could just die in a hole. She had never been a very timid person, Clementine was very outgoing. But something just made her nervous, butterflies flew around her stomach as her eyes connected with Louis. His smile melting her heart as she quickly looked away.

"Tell us something about yourself." Lily smiled, Clem looked down and twisted her foot. Fidgeting as she spoke.

"I like to write, and I like nature." She shrugged, the familiar redhead in the back snickered. Clementine looked up and shot the girl a glare.

"Boring." The girl whispered as the short blonde punched her shoulder. The annoying redhead pouted as she clenched her arm.

"Knock it off Sophie." Louis whispered, Sophie rolled her eyes as she slumped in her chair with a eye roll. Clementine quickly sat down and took out a book. As lily headed towards the board and started writing, a small crumbled note landed on Clem's desk. She looked at it then around the room, looking for the source of the mysterious letter. Louis looks at her with a small grin as she shyly smiles back and opens the note.

"I'm sorry about Sophie. But if you want you can sit with us at lunch?" The note said, at the end was a small smile that made her chuckle slightly. She grabbed her pencil and wrote in the note, her handwriting was far from perfect, the crumbled paper didn't do much justice. She scrunched her nose at the sight of her hand writing then crumbled the note again and threw it at the tall boys head. The boy dramatically rubbed his head and smiled as he read the paper

"Sure, And it's no problem I am pretty boring." He shakes his head as he folds the paper and puts it in his journal, turning towards her and smiling.

"You're far from boring from what I see so far, and I can't wait to get to know you more." He turned forward again and faced the board, a hint of pink hidden on his cheeks. Clementine looked at lily with wide eyes, her face feelings slightly hot as she took notes. This was going to be good.

***

After many hours of boring school, the ticking of the clock making it seem even longer. It was finally time for lunch, the kids raced down the hallway as Clem slowly walked. Her headphones still in as she blasted her music. The tall freckled boy stopped by her with a curious glance, she took out a headphone and stared at him with wonder.

"You're sitting with us right?" He pulled up his back pack so it wouldn't fall as they continued to walk, Clementine stared ahead as she furrowed a brow. 'He's serious?' She thought to herself as she walked.

"I didn't think you really wanted me to, I thought it was just you being nice." He arched a eyebrow at her as they neared the cafeteria, his friends ahead laughing as they walked.

"I was being nice, but I'm serious. I do want you to sit with us, like I said I wanna get to know you better." Clementine let out a soft oh as she walked, feeling slightly embarrassed that she didn't believe him.