Chapter 38: One phone call

⚠️ warning, contains "angst" and talks about blood and loss in car wrecks, please read with caution.

***

Clementine laid on the bed, her head dangled over the side as she watched Mitch and Willy. The two were like brothers and would barely ever separate, they had been there for only a day, and already the two had talked about so much.

It was nice hearing the old friends bond, it kinda made her miss Duck. The two of them bickered like brother and sister, but he made her feel safe. She knew that if she needed him he was there for her. God she missed that brunette, he was such a loser. She suddenly felt a soft ball hit her thigh, the green thing bounced away as she sat up. She looked down to see Mitch and Willy staring at her with wide eyes.

"Uh... hi there." She said quietly as she tossed back the ball.

Willy only blushed as he picked it up and continued to toss it in the air. Mitch exhaled sharply as he stood up, the tall boy sat next to Clem, the two leaned back as they stared at the tv.

"Willy it's getting late." Mitch said quietly. "Your mom wouldn't like you staying up." He said with a smirk. Willy rolled his eyes as he huffed.

"You just want me to leave so you can bone her!" He said loudly, Mitch's eyes went wide as Clementine nervously laughed.

"Please just go." He said weakly, the boy only shrugged as he stood up and left.

"He reminds me of my little brother."

Mitch looked at her with confused eyes, until he remembered the small boy. A small smile formed on his lips as he thought of the two of them, he had only seen him a few times, but he was quite funny. Clementine laid on the bed, her eyes fluttered open and shut as she tried to stay awake.

Mitch gently patted her knee as he began to stand up, but her hands grabbing his stopped him from moving. He looked down at her curiously as she bit her lip, her stare was timid along with his.

"You okay?" He asked carefully, Clementine only inhaled a deep breath before slowly leaning in. Mitch watched with wide eyes as she stopped, she was waiting for him to lean as well. Her eyes closed gently as she saw him lean in, her heart raced along with his as he gently cupped her cheek. Before their lips could connect, a vibrating sound interrupted.

Bzz bzz

Clementine quickly pulled away, her breathing hitched as she saw the contact name. This was a dream, there was no way he'd call her.

She didn't believe it.

***

Louis took a large drink from the red solo cup, this was his fifth one. He wanted everything to stop, he was at another party, this time he knew only a few people. His eyes were heavy as he felt his body sway, he still remembered everything. He didn't want to remember Clementine, thinking about her only brought him pain.

A pain where you'd clutch your heart in agony and cry, or scream. A pain where you wouldn't be able to move or breath, you feel paralyzed. You can only feel your heart painfully beating out of your chest. He didn't like feeling this way, so what was a better solution than drinking.

"Okay Louis, this is where I cut you off." I stern voice whispered, he turned around to see Violet, her arms crossed with authority. "You can barely fucking stand."

"Piss off vi." He slurred, his nostrils flared in annoyance as he took another drink. The short blonde rolled her eyes as she stared up at the tall redhead beside her.

"I told you he won't listen."

"C'mon Louis, I know you want to forget about Clemen-"

"Please! Don't say her name." He whispered, there was a certain pain in his voice. Hearing her name made his heart ache, and his stomach twist.