Chapter 58 - Friends

You didn't stay long in the infirmary, only an hour but Harry and Draco never left your side. Madam Pomfrey just wanted to make sure the bruising and pain were gone. Once she dismissed you. You walked out with Harry and Draco. 

"(y/n), do you want to go get dinner or go back to the common room?" Draco asked. You wanted to go to the common room, but knew that wouldn't help. 

"Let's get dinner. I'm not going to let them get to me." You said. Harry and Draco smiled and Draco took your hand in his. You smiled at him and you all walked into the great hall, but stopped as the whole room became silent. Normally the students whispered, but now it was full on silence. 

"What's going on?" Harry asked and Dumbledore stood. 

"It seems that three girls wish to say something." He said. You looked, seeing the three girls from before stand. Draco held your hand tighter. 

"We wanted to say sorry." The one that hit you said. The others nodded. 

"Yeah. We didn't know it was forced." The one that held you said. 

"And we are the ones that started everything. The rumors and the names." The last one said. You looked at them in the eyes and you saw the truth. 

"Very good girls." Dumbledore said. The girls nodded, sitting down. You bit your lip, and took a step forward.

"Dumbledore?" You said. Dumbledore looked at you. You saw he hadn't sat down yet either. 

"Don't punish them." You said. The room now was filled with gasped and whisperers. 

"It wasn't their fault. I would have thought the same thing if I was in their spot." You said, looking at your left arm. 

"And the rumors are true. I know many of you saw it but please, just listen to me." You said. The room was quiet again but you waited a few seconds, just in case someone had anything to say. When no one did, you spoke. 

"I was forced into this. I never wanted it and now, I will always have it. I don't blame anyone for hating me." You said but then you got a mean look one your face. 

"But if you hurt or make fun of Harry and Draco, that is when I will have a problem." You said. The room was silent, but then clapping could be heard. It was from the three girls and soon, everyone was clapping. 

"Silence. Silence everyone." Dumbledore said and the room got quiet as they looked at him. 

"I believe that (y/n) has gone though enough. Please be respectful." Dumbledore said and sat down. You looked around, seeing students smiling. You wanted to leave but Draco and Harry sat down at the end of the table. You also sat and saw students moving closer. 

"(y/n), we are sorry." A few said but others just smiled and sat by you. You smiled. You couldn't hate them. They were scared. Who wouldn't be scared. Anyone could be a death eater and hide it easily. You looked and smiled at Dumbledore, but saw Umbridge from the corner of your eye. She looked mad.