Chapter 31 - Screams.

You, Draco and Harry all walked back together, with Harry ding under his cloak. Once inside the castle, he removed it when no one was looking and you all walked to the common room. Sir Cadogan the Mad Knight was the new portrait guard as the Fat lady would not return until Sirius was caught and no one else would do it. 

"The passward!" He shouted. 

"The black night." You said. 

"That was this mornings password!" He shouted. Why did you always have to shout? 

"Never looses." You said. He humphed and the portrait swung open. You all walked in and sat down on the couch. You and Draco didn't say anything for over an hour as Harry watched the flames. You both sat on one side of Harry.    

"Harry?" You asked, finally breaking the silence. He looked at you. 

"I'm sorry." You said, not sure of what else to say. He gave a small smile.

"I will never betray you guys." Harry said. You and Draco hugged him. 

"And we won't betray you." Draco said as you nodded in agreement. 

You and Draco stayed by Harry as often as you could but a few days have passed and he had been going to Lupin's office and to Hagrid's hut to talk more and more. Soon, March was here and you couldn't believe how much time had passed. 

"Harry?"  You asked before he left one Sunday morning. Harry looked at you. 

"Yeah?" He asked. You walked up to him. 

"Are you going to go to Lupin's again?" You asked. He nodded. 

"They I guess you didn't hear?" You asked. Harry looked confused. 

"Hear what?" Harry asked. You smiled. You had hoped that he hadn't heard. 

"Draco's father lost the appeal because Draco didn't want to press charges. Buckbeak is save." You said. Harry smiled and hugged you. 

"That's great news!" He said and you hugged his back before moving. 

"Lets all celebrate tonight." You said. Harry nodded and waved and left. You sighed but was happy to have a fun night tonight. 

"Did you tell him?" Draco asked, coming down the stairs. You turned to face him. 

"Yeah. We are all going to celebrate tonight." You said with a smile and Draco also smiled. 

You and Draco just hung out in the common room till Harry showed up later the afternoon. Other joined also but soon McGonagall came in and told everyone to head to bed. She must have heard the noise but you smiled as you laid in your bed. You were about to sleep when you heard screaming from the boys dorm. The other girls woke up but only you ran from the room to see what was wrong. When you got down to o p the stairs, you saw someone leaving, but didn't get a good view of them but ran up stairs. 

"Whats going on?" You asked. You saw the boys hovering around Ron, who looked scared. 

"I-It was h-him! I-It was Sirius!" Ron stuttered in fear. You looked confused but then saw the his curtains were slashed.

"I think I saw him then." You said, running out of the dorm and down the stairs to the portrait hole.

"Sir Cadogan, did you let in a man named Sirius Black?" Yo uasked. The knight looked at you. 

"Why yes I did. He had the correct password." The knight said happily. you nodded, going back up and told the boys what the night said before McGonagall ran in. You told her what Sir Cadogan told you and how you think you saw him. She instructed everyone to go down to the common area.   

"How did he get our password?" You heard some of the students ask as you all filed down. McGonagall must have heard that because as soon as all the Gryffindors were in the room, she spoke. 

"Does anyone know how he got in? Did anyone right down the passwords?" She asked. You then saw Neville raise his hand. McGonagall sighed and sent everyone back to bed, everyone but Neville that is but after what happened, you didn't get any sleep that night.