Chapter 12 - Tasks

You all landed on something soft. You looked up, seeing Fluffy had just woken up. You sighed. You made it in time but then felt something wrap around you. 

"What?" You shouted. You looked, seeing Harry and Draco also struggling and being wrapped around with the weed. 

"No not weeds. Guys, Guys!" you shouted. Harry and Draco looked at you. You stopped moving. 

"Don't move. This is Devils snare." You said. You felt your self sinking down. You were happy to see that Harry and Draco had stopped moving. You fell, landing on your feet and looked up. You saw Harry and Draco as they fell, both landing on their feet. You smiled. 

"Good going (y/n)." Draco said. You have a small bow, making them laugh before you moved on. You looekd around, hearing a fluttering sound before entering a door. Once in, you looked. You saw flying birds...no, not birds. 

"Are these keys?" Harry asked. You nodded, seeing a broom. You walked up to the broom but heard Draco do the unlocking spell. You looked over and saw it was unsuccessful. 

"I think we have to ride the broom." You said. 

"Well, yeah, but why. All the keys look the same." Draco said, looking up. 

"Not all. Look. One is big and has a busted wing." Harry said. you looked, as did Draco. 

"I don't see it." You said. 

"Me nether." Draco said. Harry walked up to the broom. 

"OK. I will fly up, grab it." Harry said. You and Draco nodded before moving to the door. You looked, but saw Harry flying around the room, the other keys following him. You saw Harry reach out, before diving down. 

"Catch!" Harry yelled, throwing something. Draco jumped, grabbed it and unlocked the door. You and Draco ran in and saw Harry zoom in. you quickly closed the door, hearing thuds of the other keys hitting the door. You sighed before turning. You saw a huge chess board. You saw Draco and Harry standing on it and walked up. Draco was thinking. 

"(y/n), can you take the rook's spot, Harry, the bishop next to her. I'll be a knight so i can have a vantage point." Draco said. You watched as Draco played piece after piece, slowly winning. 

"Draco, can we win?" You asked. Draco looked at you. Harry then looked and gasped. 

"Draco no!" Harry yelled. Draco looked forward.

"Knight to D7." Draco said. You looked, seeing Draco move...right into the path of the queen.

"Harry, you can checkmate the king now." Draco said as the piece stopped and the queen started to move.   

"Draco no!" You shouted as the queen struck Draco. You saw nothing hit Draco as he fell, but Draco was out cold. You didn't move, nether did Harry. 

"Harry..." You said. Harry nodded, moving. 

"Checkmate." Harry said. The kings sword fell. One it did, you ran to Draco. 

"Draco." You said as you got to him. You saw Harry was by him now also.

"He must have hit his head." Harry said. You nodded, removing your rode, placing it under Draco's head and stood. 

"Come on. We have to keep going." You said. It hurt to leave Draco, but you all have a mission. Harry nodded and stood. You both walked up to the door, opening it. You walked into a room, seeing a mountain troll. He was already knocked out. You looked at harry before continuing on. Once in the next room, you saw a table with bottles on it. You and Harry walked up to it and suddenly flames appeared all around you. You looked around, before looking at the table. You saw a piece of paper and picked it up. 

"Danger lies before you, while safety lies behind,
Two of us will help you, whichever you would find,
One among us seven will let you move ahead,
Another will transport the drinker back instead,
Two among our number hold only nettle wine,
Three of us are killers, waiting hidden in line.
Choose, unless you wish to stay here forevermore,
To help you in your choice, we give you these clues four:
First, however slyly the poison tries to hide
You will always find some on nettle wine's left side;
Second, different are those who stand at either end,
But if you would move onward, neither is your friend;
Third, as you see clearly, all are different size,
Neither dwarf nor giant holds death in their insides;
Fourth, the second left and the second on the right
Are twins once you taste them, though different at first sight." You said. You looked at the table again, before re-reading riddle. You put the riddle down and reached for two bottles. 

"Harry, this one will send you forward." You said. Harry took it but pointed to your. 

"And that one?" He asked. You smiled sadly. 

"It will being me back." You said. Harry shook his head. 

"No." He said. You rolled your eyes. 

"Harry, someone has to stop Snape. I want to make sure Draco is OK. Please, don't argue." You said. Harry looked worried, but sighed and nodded. He raised the bottle, drinking it down.