Chapter 22 - Lucius Malfoy

"I see." Dumbledore said after you, Harry and Draco explained what happened. Draco then hung his head. 

"I'm sorry...This is all my fault." He said. You looked at him before you grabbed his hand, holding it. Draco looked at you. 

"Draco, How can this be your fault?" You asked. Draco didn't say anything. 

"Miss (l/n) is right. Tom has fooled many people. Do not feel down about that." Dumbledore said. Draco sighed and nodded, you then looked at Dumbledore. 

"He was lying, right?" You asked. Dumbledore looked at you. 

"About him being my...my father?" You asked. Dumbledore sighed. 

"I'm afraid not." He said. You looked down, but felt Draco squeeze your hand. You wanted to ask how, but the door opened up. You all turned and looked, seeing Draco's father. Draco let your hand go. He walked in. 

"I was told my son was attacked. He seems fine to me." Lucius said. He sounded angry. 

"It seems his friends helped him." Dumbledore said. Lucius glanced at you. 

"How fortunate." He said. You gave a light glare but Lucius didn't see it. 

"Come Draco. I will take you to the infirmary." Lucius said. Draco nodded, walked to him. You looked at Harry.

"Go see if you can stop them." Harry said. You nodded and ran out the door. Once you did. You saw him slap Draco. 

"Hey!" You yelled, running over. Lucius looked at you. 

"What?" He asked rudely. You almost were shocked. Almost.  

"What? You just hit your own son and my best friend!" You shouted. He walked up to you. Draco was silent has he held his slightly swollen cheek. You saw Lucius open his mouth but then closed it. 

"Mr. Potter." He said. You turned, seeing Harry. Harry walked up, shoving the diary into Lucius's hand. 

"You forgot this." Harry said. Lucius looked at it, then back at Harry. 

"I don't know what your talking about." Lucius said. 

"You gave that diary to Draco." Harry said. Your mouth fell open, as did Draco's. Lucius gave a small chuckle. 

"Can you prove that?" Lucius asked. Harry was silent. 

"I can." Draco said. Lucius looked at him. 

"But you won't." Lucius said. Draco looked scared, but then glared at his father. 

"Yes I will." Draco said. Lucius turned to face him and Draco put his hand down. 

"I will tell the Daily Prophet about what happened today." Draco said. Lucius was silent before he turned to face you. 

"Consider yourself lucky." He said, shoving the diary back into Harry's hand while looking at you. He then turned. 

"Come Draco." Lucius said as he walked past him. 

"No." Draco said. Lucius stopped, turning around. 

"What did you say?" He asked but Draco didn't say anything. Lucius glared at the three of you before turned and leaving. Draco sighed and faced you and Harry. You smiled at him and Harry gave him a thumbs up. 

"Good going Draco." You said. Draco smiled, replacing his hand on his cheek. 

"Come on, lets get you to the infirmary." Harry said and you both helped him to the hospital. After Draco was released, a celebration was held. Dumbledore canceled all the tests. 

"Hey guys?" Draco asked while you all were on the train, heading home. You and Harry looked at him. 

"Next year we get to go to Hogsmeade. Lets all go together. We just need to get our papers signed. Harry looked down.

"I...I will try." Harry said. You rubbed his back. His aunt and uncle weren't the friendliest.

"We all should hang out also." You said. Draco and Harry nodded. You hopped this summer would be better them last summer. Draco lived a bit far, but you and Harry lived just a few blocks away.