Chapter 24 - The Black Dog

Harry sighed and sat on the ground, putting Hedwig's cage next to him. You and Draco stopped as you turned to face him. You both put down the truck also.  

"If you guys didn't come, I would have done something I would have regretted." Harry said. You walked up and sat by him. 

"We wouldn't let anything happen to you." You said. Draco walked over and sat on Harry's other side. 

"Yeah, Your our best friend." Draco said but Harry shook his head. 

"No, you guys don't understand. She was insulting my mom." Harry said. You gasped and Draco's mouth fell open.

"If you guys hadn't come when you did...hell I don't even know what would have happened." Harry said. You rubbed his back.

"Harry, you and Draco are welcome to stay with me at my house." You said. Harry looked at you and smiled. 

"Thanks." Harry said. You smiled and looked forward. You then saw a black dog. It was sitting and looking at you all. You froze. 

"Guys." You whispered. They looked at you, then followed your gaze. The dog wasn't doing anything really, just siting there. It then stood, walking over and sniffed the ground by Harry. You reached over, petting it. The dog moved into your hand. you smiled. 

"He's friendly." Harry said, petting him along with Draco. You then stopped and stood. 

"Come on, we better get going." You said. Harry and Draco stood also and the dog turned and walked off.

"Maybe his one of the muggle family's pet?" You asked. Harry and Draco shrugged as you all headed back to your house.     

~Time Skip~ 

You stepped out of the fireplace. You coughed a bit and looked, seeing Draco and Harry waiting for you. you walked up. 

"Floo travel is still weird." Harry said. You laughed a bit. 

"Yeah, but its fast." You said as you all got your supplies. Harry had gotten his from Hagrid, a birthday gift, but you and Draco all had trouble with the Monster Book of Monsters. You Smiled, finally getting it under control and decided to get some ice cream.  

"This year should be fun." you said. Draco and gave a slight chuckle, but Harry was looking behind you. You turned and looked. You saw that black dog again. It walked over and you pet it. 

"That dog was following Ron Weasley before they left." Harry said. You looked at him, still petting the dog. 

"You sure?" You asked. Harry nodded. The dog licked Harry's hand. Harry sighed and smiled and pet it. 

"Maybe Ron had food on him." Draco said. You nodded in agreement.

"Maybe." Harry said. The dog bark and ran off. You smiled and looked back over at Harry. 

"Things will be OK." You said but as soon as you said those words, you had a bad feeling.