Chapter 39 - The Eggs.

You sat with Draco and Harry, yawning. 

"Didn't sleep?" Draco asked. You nodded and heard clinking. 

"(y/n), come." It was Moody. You sighed. 

"See you guys later."You said and stood, walking with Moody. He was talking a bit but you weren't paying attetion. 

"(y/n)!" He shouted and you jumped. 

"Yes?" You asked. Moody sighed. 

"Did you hear me?" He asked. You turned red and shook your head. He shook his head. 

"I was saying we need to go into the black lake and get the mermaids to sing the clue." He said and walked up to the shore. You now saw he lead you to there. You then saw a mermaid come close to the surface. Moody gave her an open golden egg and you heard her sing. Moody gestured you over. You walked over and saw the the once gray insides turned into many colors. 

"The eggs collect the song. It's their clue for the second task. The first is dragons. The campions have to get the egg away from them." Moody said. 

"Wow." You said and saw the mermaid close the egg and lift it up out of the water.  

"Take it." He said. You reached and took it. Moody then took the full egg and handed you the next one. You took it and handed it over. 

"A mermaids voice can only be heard under water. Never open the egg's above water." Moody said. You nodded. 

"Moody?" You asked, taking the egg and giving her the third and final egg. 

"Yes." He said. You were silent. 

"Why me? There are other students that could help." You asked, looking at his. Moody smiled but didn't look at you. 

"I know, but others would tell the champions. I know you won't." Moody said. You smiled and took the final egg and the mermaid swam off. 

"Thank you." You said. He nodded, picking up one of the eggs. 

"Grab the other eggs and follow me." Moody said. You picked up both eggs and followed him. You both brought them into his office and placed them down. 

"Thank you. I would have had to make the trip two more times." He said and patted his leg. You smiled. 

"Sure, not a problem." You said. He wrote something down on a paper and gave it to you.  

"Head to class now." He said. You looked and saw it was a late note. You nodded and ran to your class.