Chapter 52 - Trial

You, Draco and Harry all had separate rooms, but to help Harry with his trial, which was coming up, you all just stayed in one room. It helped Harry a lot, knowing that he had Sirius and both you and Draco helping him. On the night before the trail, You, Draco and Harry were in the living room, hanging out and trying not to think about the trial when a knock came from the front door. You all looked at it as Sirius walked up to the door. 

"Who is it?" Sirius asked suspiciously. 

"Dumbledore." You all heard. Sirius smiled and opened the door. Dumbledore walked in. 

"Dumbledore, good to see you made it." Sirius said. Dumbledore smiled. 

"I'm sorry I am late." Dumbledore said. Sirius gave a small laugh.       

"It's OK." Sirius said and Harry ran over to Dumbledore.

"Hello Harry. I will be taking you to your trial while Sirius takes (y/n), and Draco. I hope you don't mind if we leave a little earlier though. I tend to be a little slow." Dumbledore said. Harry nodded. You smiled at Draco. 

"Don't worry. We will be leaving early also." Sirius said as he and Dumbledore left the room. Harry walked back, sitting down. 

"I'm happy Dumbledore will be at my trial." Harry said. You nodded, giving a small yawn. 

"Let's head to bed. We should get all the sleep we can." Draco said. You followed him and Draco up to the room, falling asleep almost as soon as your head touched the pillow. You didn't know how tired you were. you were awaken by Draco, who was gently shaking you. 

"(y/n), (y/n)." Draco said. you opened your eyes, sitting up with a yawn as Draco backed up a bit. 

"Harry just left. Sirius wants to head over now also." Draco said. 

"OK." You said, standing. Draco left as you got dressed but you ran down the stairs and up to Sirius, who was by the fireplace with Draco. 

"We are going to the ministry. Wait for me when you get there." Sirius said. you and Draco made it easily and looked around as Sirius came out. The place was huge. 

"Alright, this way." Sirius said as he walked. You and Draco walked with him and he walked to a door. 

"I like to be early, so we will wait in here." Sirius said, about to open the door but someone ran up to them. 

"Sirius!" The man said. Sirius looked at him.   

"Yes?" Sirius asked. He obviously did not know him. 

"Dumbledore asked me to find you. Harry hearing time and location were changed. It starts in an hour." The man said. Sirius looked worried.

"I will take you." He said, walking away. Sirius waved for you both to follow him, which you did. you found your self on the other side of the ministry and the man held the door open for you all. Inside, you saw Harry and Dumbledore.

"Ah, good." Dumbledore said as the door closed. 

"Thank you Dumbledore." Sirius said. Dumbledore gave a small head nod. 

"(y/n), Draco, go sit with Harry." Dumbledore said. You both did. You sat on Harry's left, with Draco on his right. Sirius left the room not long after and the time stretched as no one wanted to talk. It seemed like hours before the doors by the stands opened and people walked in, sitting down and the last one was the Minister of Magic, Cornelius Fudge. The whole room was filed, meaning this was a full court hearing. Fudge looked up, about to speak but looked a bit shocked. 

"I-I see you got our letter." He said, looking at Dumbledore. Dumbledore shook his head.

"I'm afraid I missed it. I arrived a few hours earlier and was informed of the time and location changed. Being the old man I am, I need some extra time getting to the court rooms." Dumbledore said. You gave a small smiled.

"R-Right, well, we are here for Harry Potter. He used a Patronus Charm when it wasn't called for." Fudge said. You wanted to stand and yell at him, but you didn't. 

"I understand the charges, but we have two witness that say it was called for." Dumbledore said, gesturing to you and Draco. You both stood. Fudge looked at his notes.

"Ah yes, A Draco Malfoy and a (y/n) (l/n)." He said. You nodded.   

"Yes sir, and Harry used the Patronus Charm to save Draco here." You said. Fudge was silent for a bit, looking at you before looking back at Dumbledore.  

"Noted." Fudge said. You and Draco sat down but Harry leaned to you. 

"He doesn't believe you." Harry whispered. You nodded. 

"I know." You whispered back.    

"The charge for Harry are as followed. He used a Patronus Charm to impress his friends where any muggle could see." Fudge said. You stood in anger. 

"That's a lie! Harry used it to safe Draco and myself! A dementor was close to Harry home, you know, where any muggle could see! It was going to attack me but Draco stood in front of me and saved me!" You said, raising your voice a bit and pointed at Harry. You saw them eyeing your arm, whispering and you saw Dumbledore patting the air, asking you to sit down. Dumbledore was smiling though. You did, looking up at that court. You saw worried looks from almost everyone, but one lady didn't look scared. She was looking at you with a small smile on here face. You looked away from her. 

"Silence! Silence!" Fudge yelled and the court got quiet. 

"As you can see, Harry's friends are very passionate about this and I'm sure they wouldn't mind taking a truth serum." Dumbledore said. Fudge looked worried. 

"N-No. That will not be necessary." Fudge said, but looked at you. 

"(l/n), can we see why you have wrapped your left arm like that?" Fudge asked. You gripped your arm, not knowing what to do.  

"She is not the one one trail and with how you no longer are interested in Harry, it is safe to presume that he is dismissed?" Dumbledore asked. Fudge looked at him. 

"Fine. We will vote on it. All in favor in pleading guilty." Fudge said, raising his hand. He was alone. He placed his hand down after looking around. 

"All in favor of not guilty." He said. Everyone rose their hand. Fudge turned to Dumbledore.

"Cleared of all charges." Fudge said, slamming his gavel down and left. You and Draco hugged Harry, smiling. Dumbledore smiled, walking up to you all. 

"Very well done." Dumbledore said. You smiled, but saw that woman from before, smiling at you before she stood and left. You did not have a good feeling about her.