Chapter 17 - Voices and Petrified.

It was Halloween. Draco had only spoken to you and Harry an handful of times and that hurt you more, but you started to get angry. 

"(y/n), it hurts me too but avoiding Draco wont help." Harry said. You sighed. Right now you both were walking to the great hall. 

"I know, but...but why now? He was are best friend and now he just ghosted us." You said. Harry sighed and nodded. 

"Kill." 

You and Harry froze, looking at each other. 

"Did you..." You both said but stopped, hearing it again. 

"Kill again." 

You and Harry turned, following it. 

"Blood. Kill." 

You started to run faster. It seemed to be moving fast. 

"Kill. Kill. Kill." 

You slipped, landing on your back, hard. 

"Ow. You said. Harry helped you up. 

"You OK?" He asked worriedly. You nodded. 

"Yeah. Did we lose the voice?" You asked. Harry was silent for a second.   

"Seems like it." Harry said, looking around. 

"Whats up with the water?" You asked, looking at the ground. you then saw something red, looking up and gasped, covering your mouth. Harry looked, gasping also. It was Mrs. Norris, Filch's cat. She was hanging on the wall, next the words THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS HAS BEEN OPENED. ENEMIES OF THE HEIR, BEWARE. You looked at Harry. 

"What's that mean?" You asked. Harry shook his head. 

"I don't know." He said. You heard a gasp, turning and saw McGonagall. 

"Professor." You said. She looked behind her and you saw a few teachers, along with Dumbledore and Filch, who looked shocked. Dumbledore put a hand on Filch's shoulder.

"I can tell jut by looking at her, she is only petrified." Dumbledore said. You looked, not seeing how he could know that. 

"You two, please, come to my office." Dumbledore said. You and Harry nodded, following him. 

"Professor, how could you tell?" You asked as you walked. Dumbledore did not turn as he spoke.

"By the way she was. It looked like she was walking. If she was dead, she would have just been hanging there, limp." Dumbledore said. You nodded, not saying another word as you entered. 

"Please, sit." Dumbledore said, as he sat down himself. You and Harry both sat down. 

"How did you come to find Mrs. Norris?" Dumbledore asked. You looked at Harry. 

"Well sir, (y/n) and I heard..." "Water! We heard water and wanted to see what was going on." You said, interrupting Harry. Dumbledore looked at you before nodding. 

"Alright. No punishment will be given. Professor Sprout's Mandrake's will be used to revive her. You both many go to your dorms." Dumbledore said. You nodded and walked out with Harry, who then looked at you. 

"Why didn't we just tell him about the voice?" Harry asked. You looked at him. 

"Because Harry, hearing voices that aren't there is bad, even in the wizarding world." you said. Harry nodded. 

"Then, what did that mean? You know, with the Chamber of Secrets?" Harry asked. You looked at him. 

"I don't know." You said. Harry sighed, nodding as you both walked into the Gryffindor common room. Draco was there and walked up to you and Harry. 

"Did you really find that?" Draco asked. You nodded. Draco looked down. You looked, seeing he was still holding the book. 

"We didn't do it." Harry said. Draco looked at him. 

"I know." Draco said before he turned and walked up to the dorms. you looked at Harry, before you said goodnight and followed Draco. You sighed, before also going up and going to bed, but that voice kept echoing in your head. 

"Kill."