Chapter 45 - The Maze.

A few days passed and as you walked to the great hall with Harry, Ginny and Draco, you saw Moody limping up. 

"(y/n), come, I have news and something to show you." Moody said. You smiled as you nodded and gave Draco a kiss before walking with Moody. 

"The last task is coming up, but we first need to plant and navigate it." Moody said. 

"What do you mean?" You asked in a confusing voice. Moody smiled. 

"You will see." He said and you both continued to walk. You saw the Quidditch pitch and also saw Dumbledore. 

"Hello Dumbledore sir. You have the seeds?" Moody asked. Dumbledore nodded, handing him a bag. Moody throw it slightly and caught it, like he was testing the weight of the bag. He then turned and handed you the bag. 

"In here is a magical seed." Moody said. You opened it to see hundreds of black, round seeds, around the size of a marble. Maybe there are only a few seeds in here.

"(y/n)." Moody said in a stern voice. You looked back at him. He pointed with his cane. 

"Out there are markers on the ground. You will see a small light come from them as you get close. Once you get there, plant three seeds into the ground." Moody said you nodded and ran off. Once close, you saw a lot of lights coming from the ground. You ran to the first one, but remembered you didn't know how deep to bury them. You sighed and ran back. 

"Moody? How deep?" You asked. Moody turned from Dumbledore and looked at you. 

"All you have to do is push them into the ground." Moody said. You nodded and ran back. You pushed the first three into the ground and ran over to the next marker. Once you placed them, you then noticed that the marker went away. 

"At least I won't put more then three intot a marker." You said out loud and, while it was a bit hard running over to every marker soon all the seeds were gone. You placed the empty sack in your pocket and came back to Moody and saw that Dumbledore was gone. 

"Good, now we wait a month." Moody said. You looked over at the ground. 

"What did I just plant?" You asked. Moody smiled. 

"Hedges, but not normal ones. Soon, they will be twenty feet tall." Moody said. You looked back at the field. 

"Wow." You said. Moody nodded. 

"Well, come one. I have one more thing for use to do." Moody said. You followed him, taking one last looked and you could have sworn that a green leafs were popping out of the ground. You then turned, facing forward. Moody was limping down to Hagrid's. 

"Ah, Moody and (y/n), what a pleasure. Are you both hear to check on the third task?" Hagrid asked. Moody nodded. You looked at Moody as Hagrid stood and walked off. 

"You didn't think it was just going to be a simple maze, now did you?" Moody asked. You smiled, looking back were Hagrid was sitting, seeing him come back. You should have known better.  

"Lets see." Hagrid said, placing some glasses on his face and held up a scroll. 

"One Blast-Ended Skrewt, Check. One Sphinx, Check. One Acromantula, check. One Boggart, not yet, but soon." Hagrid kept off naming things and your got a bit worried for Harry.  

"Seems its all coming up good. Let me know when the rest arive." Moody said. 

"Sure thing." Hagrid said, sitting down and begain to play his flute. You followed Moody back to the castle. 

"Moody, do they have to fight all those things?" You asked. Moody same a small laugh but it sounded different then normal. He then took his flask and drank from it. He same a small shiver and made a disgusted face before placing the flask away. 

"No. Sometimes they don't even run into anything. It's just how the maze wants to work." Moody said. You nodded. 

"Also, Dumbledore has already shown Harry and the others, but no one knows what lies inside." Moody said. you nodded. You know that meant you couldn't tell him. Moody lead you back to the great hall. 

"Potter and the others will be back soon. Go be with Draco." Moody said and walked off. You walked in and sat by Draco, telling him about the maze, but not was was going to be inside.