XXXXII

My knuckles turn white as I clench the handle of my suitcase with the grip of an orangutan.

I'm incredibly nervous to meet the family, let alone get through security checkout.

"Just a heads up." Blake says as we near the security check.

"They will likely pull us into a separate room after checking our ID's and question and search us just to verify we are who we say we are. It's just common procedure so I can take weapons onto the plane and so they know I'm legit and you're not being held captive." He says

"What if I tell them your holding me captive?" I tease.

He just smiles and shakes his head as he looks forward "Then this will not be a fun trip, love." He responds.

I smile but can't help but worry about what he said. "So we will be separated? Don't you think that would be a good time for-" But he cuts be off before I can finish my sentence.

"Hey, he's not here. It's very public and incredibly high risk for security reasons." He tells me with soft eyes. "He'd be stupid to try and do anything here." He tells me.

"Or smart. If he just wants to get the job done." I counter.

"If he wanted to get the job done, he would've a long time ago. He doesn't want to be caught." Blake says.

I take in a deep breath of relief and take in my surroundings. There are tons of people who do not look too happy to be up so early right now.

"Anything else I should expect?" I ask him.

"Just basic airport stuff. They will ask questions, answer them honestly unless it's about our relationship." He says. "After training the other night and the meeting a while ago, the agency definitely suspects something."

I nod. "That's why you checked the house for bugs, huh?" I ask him.

"You know about that?" He asks me.

I nod "I was awake. I just didn't want you to worry about me potentially worrying about behind bugged." I say with a soft smile.

He just chuffs. "Not much gets past you, huh?" He asks.

"Nope." I say with a smile "I'm basically a agent myself. You need to watch you back, Waters." I joke as I lean into him with a smile.

He smiles and gently puts his hand on my lower back for a brief second before he takes it off.

"Speaking of which, We have to stay platonic until we are on the plane. There are cameras everywhere." He adds.

I just smile "How will you survive?" I tease.

He nudges me and I giggle.

We get through the first part of security and are now waiting to get scanned.

I tap my foot impatiently and fidget with my fingers. Blake seems to see I'm nervous so he nudges me a bit.

"You have nothing to worry abou-" but before he can finish I can tell there's a change in his demeanor.

Instantly I'm panicked a bit.

I can tell it has to be because of the officers working the security check.

Blake shows them his badge along with ID stiffly. I show them my ID as well and we are ushered to the side.

But the way one of the officers interacted with Blake made me suspect he already knew Blake was an agent.

He hardly inspected the badge, he instantly took him to the side before Blake really said anything.

I frown as I realize I know the guy. I saw him on the wall of pictures at the training center. He's an agent.