XXXII

I am the worst person ever. The second he leaves to go shower in the locker room is when my head fills with doubt.

Do I really want to enter this relationship when I know it ends with heartbreak?

I can't be that naive.

But why does it all feel so right if it's not meant to be? Why do I feel like this is something more than love?

This is something beyond me and beyond Blake. But the logic of it all keeps creeping into my head.

Deep down inside I'm living a fantasy. A fantasy where I'm not in danger, nothing will happen to me or the people I love, and somehow Blake will find a loophole in his contract.

Somehow this will all work out. That's how fairytales end.

But this is real life. This is all real.

I close my eyes and take in a deep breath as I realize no matter how realistic I try to be, my heart can't help falling for him.

I finally get why people do things they know will end in disaster.

If Blake fucks me up emotionally for the rest of my life? So be it. I'd rather know than ask myself what could've been.

For a logical person, this is by far the most reckless decision of my life. But I don't care.

I'm already falling... eventually I'll reach the bottom.

"Ummmmm would you mind explaining to me why that kiss was SO hot?" Jackie asks.

I just feel myself smile and shake my head before turning to see all my girl friends about to burst out of excitement.

"Heat of the moment?" I suggest.

"Are you kidding me?! That was a kiss straight out of a movie!" Becca yells.

"Fifty shades of Teal." Ginger adds.

"Wouldn't it be fifty shades of Blake?" Becca asks.

"Blake isn't a color." Ginger says.

I roll my eyes "It's seriously nothing. It was bound to happen, right? We're dating, that's what people who are dating do." I explain.

When really, on the inside I'm freaking out. If they knew the truth, they would be even more excited than they are now.

Having to play it down is really difficult.

"Yeah, but your first kiss was in front of THOUSANDS OF FUCKING PEOPLE!" Sam yells taking my shoulders in her hands and shaking me.

I laugh as Sam does this.

"It felt like it was just the two of us..." I say staring blankly at the space behind their shoulders.

"Aweeeeee!" They all beam.

I can't help but smile as I see Blake exit the locker room.

His hair is drenched in water, and he is only wearing basketball shorts and his slip on shoes.

His abs are glistening with water, it's like he didn't even bother to wipe himself down with a towel.

He high fives a few of his teammates on the way out and shakes a few hands of coaches and players from the other team before he smiles back at me.

I blush and look down at the ground like a child with a crush.

The girls instantly look behind them and let out squeaks as they try to contain their excitement.