"Agree to disagree," Clary commented.

Simon wanted to hear everything about Paris, and it seemed Clary wanted to tell him. It sounded somehow both magical and far too down to earth for Simon. He loved listening to her talk about the beautiful ancient architecture. One place in particular she spent quite a bit of time on was Le Marais, one of the most ancient and historical arrondissements in the city. An arrondissement was a section of the city. There were twenty of them, and in the case of this particular one, when modernisers had come to try and update it, the citizens had come together to protest that it stay the historical quarter it was.

"The streets are so narrow," Clary continued her story. "And the buildings are so old you can only imagine how many different people in different times could have walked those same halls before you."

She went to say that when the weather was good and she didn't have classes, Clary had loved to find the best view she could and sketch until her hands were black with graphite. Her favourite great views were at Montmartre and the Sacre Coeur.

The down to earth aspect that rather ruined the magic was learning how sometimes she couldn't see those views because of the clouds of pollution.

"I even read somewhere that the air pollution is so bad just visiting Paris for a weekend is the equivalent of smoking two cigarettes," Clary continued. "Though the locals like to ignore this fact."

"Yikes," Simon added. "No wonder the air here is better."

"You can't really appreciate Canadian air until you spend a year breathing in Paris," she stated matter of factly. "Running here is like freedom!"

"Didn't do a lot of running in Paris I take it?" Simon chuckled.

"Well, maybe running to keep up with people when I fell behind gazing at some amazing landmark the locals all take for granted," Clary explained.

"Just the usual stuff then," Simon smiled.

"I just didn't realize how much extra effort that took till I landed back home," she continued. "It's amazing what you can adapt to."

"But you had a good time?" Simon inquired, sensing the end of her story. "You're glad you went?"

"Yes and definitely," Clary replied. "But I'd also never want to live there."

"That's fair," Simon replied.

"And I think I've been talking long enough," Clary said, and indeed they had long ago gotten off the bus and had been walking around the park. "I want details from when I was gone."

"Ah yes, where to begin," Simon sighed.

"What happened with Paige and Jordan?" Clary asked first. "I feel so out of the loop. I have plans to see her tomorrow, and I don't want to accidentally say something that could upset her."

"Well to sum it up," Simon began. "Jordan cheated on her with Maia. Then didn't tell anyone, then finally figured out he wanted Paige because of his being with Maia. He came clean and lost them both."

"Yikes," Clary commented.

"Yeah," Simon continued. "It wasn't until very recently, like April maybe, that they actually got together for real."

"So basically a big hot mess?" Clary summed up.

"Pretty much," Simon chuckled.

"How is Paige doing knowing Jordan and Maia got back together?" Clary asked.

"You know, I'm not sure she knows," Simon replied. "I haven't seen her much since she moved in with Magnus."

"Poor Paige!" Clary defended her friend. "Loses not just her boyfriend, but like all her friends too."