Ace in Danger!

This chapter is dedicated to Poseidon9999. I better at least get a chuckle.

Also. Any D&D players or DMs out there?

○●□■○●□■○●□■○●□■○●□■○●□■○●□■○●□■○●□

D had joined in the festivities of the night although he kept to a different area than Luffy. While he enjoyed hanging out with the kid and partying, this place was different. He spent most of his time wandering around and reminiscing the past he had here. He did snag himself a nice stockpile of treats, all recipes handed down for centuries.

And now he sat at the highest point watching the rising sun. If it was in the past one of his mortal wives would have found there way up here to enjoy it with him. It had taken quite a bit of effort for him to stop the scattered islands who worshipped him to stop sacrificing maidens for his 'Blessings'. And at first he had them sent to this island so that they wouldn't be alienated by their people for being 'rejected' by their God. It took years after that to convince them that food was plenty good enough. By then the island was filled with several hundred girls who couldn't be sent home without them being seen as outcasts by even their families. All he could do was make them as happy as possible while trying to ignore that sliver of loneliness in their eyes. He knew that tried to hide it from him but maybe it was because of the uniqueness of his own existence that he related with them.

He really didn't like being sad like this.

"D!" Luffy suddenly came running shouting. "Ace is going to be executed!"

D's eyes widened as he remembered about trying to negotiate Ace's freedom. He had been shocked by seeing that one returned to him and had completely forgotten about Ace. It seemed the World Government was impatient with his disappearance and had decided to move forward on the execution anyways.

"We have to rescue him."

"Don't worry." D stood up. "We'll definitely save him!"

He couldn't help but sigh sadly when Luffy grinned as if it was obvious he would help. His next words were harder to say than he thought they would be.

"That's what I would like to say but truth is I won't be much help in this situation."

"What do you mean?" Luffy asked. "I know you don't like getting involved normally but this is Ace we're talking about. He's my brother!"

"My biggest chance to help him unfortunately already passed due to unseen circumstances. I can't explain right now what happened and that's not important anyways. I made a deal with his father."

"Ace's dad?" Luffy asked. Two images came to mind. One of a really big man with a really big white mustache. And the second, the most famous pirate in history, Gold Rogers. Only one was ever called his father. The other was always called Pops. "What kind of deal would he make that would keep you from helping his kid?"

"I'm only allowed to help him if he asks for it," D answered as he sighed. "It was sort of a complicated deal. Definitely not the kind I normally make."

"We both know Ace won't ask for help even if he's dying." Luffy tried to think of a way he could rescue Ace. "Could you get me into Impel Down and I'll rescue him myself? That way your helping me not him."

"I wish I could but they've beefed their defenses since the last time I broke out," he shook his head. "Short of destroying the place and potentially killing thousands I wouldn't be able to do it in my current condition."

"I can't just let him die." Luffy began to look slightly distraught.

"Hold up," D began to ponder an idea. "The World Government wants all the Warlords present for their battle with Whitebeard. Knowing Hannibun's personality she definitely told their little dogs sent to fetch her no. Maybe she could get you in by demanding to meet Ace?"