Whiskey Peaks Welcomes You

First off I'm going to apologize for this chapter taking so long. Tons of reasons and escuses can be given but I'll just say simply, life happened. I'll not ramble on and make a long author's note since it's been such a long time. Instead I'll just like to say that this book, Devil's Grin, will be my main focus and you guys can try to murder me at the end of the chapter. Enjoy. (You won't be able to find me)

The picture is fanart done by @Light_Source

@;÷#/\*_:!=

"Bye Seabie!" Nami watched as Tranquility yelled while she waved at the receding monster. At least she assumed it was moving away. It still took up most of the view above them. D was also crying his eyes out while waving a tissue?! She could never tell if he was serious. It seemed like he was always putting up an act. At times he was fiercely defending those he viewed as friends and then other times he would act indifferent, like it was too much of a bother.

"I still can't believe I actually saw one of the legendary creatures on the Grande Line!" Miss Wednesday said, smiling, as she moved beside her. "My father would never believe me. If I ever see him that is." The last part she whispered as her smile faltered.

"Are you sure we've never met before?" D appeared behind Miss Wednesday causing her to jump in fright.

"Give it a rest." Nami said as she pushed him away from the poor girl. "If she says she doesn't know you then she doesn't. Not everyone has to know who you are. I didn't when we first met." With that she took Miss Wednesday to the kitchen where Sanji was preparing food. "Zoro, Ussop. Figure out why we can't get this ship on its way."

"That would be my fault." Tranquility put her hand in the air, an apologetic look on her face. "My powers are so powerful that I can't control what they effect. Instead everything around me is affected. If I were to touch the water here it would take on the same effect as the Calm Belt and sea kings would be drawn here." She turned to D. "Could you put a damper on my powers?"

"Of course." D cracked his knuckles on both of his hands. "It's a simple matter of creating a talisman for you." He put his hands together as if he was hiding something inside them and closed his eyes. A feeling of power filled the air as he began chanting in what felt like an ancient language Nami didn't recognize. A strange blue like began eminating from his hands as he opened his eyes, still chanting. Tranquility either had done this before or understood what he was saying because as soon as he opened her eyes she stepped forward, pulling her hair back to expose her throat. D opened his hands revealing a beautiful necklace made of what looked like gold, only the color kept shifting. At the center of the necklace was a figurine made of crystal that looked like a mix between Tranquility and Tempest, only more beautiful. Slowly his arms extended out to place the necklace around Tranquilty's throat.

Tranquility glanced down at the figurine. "You still love her." Nami could hear her barely whisper.

"Always have always will." D smiled softly. "You already know that."

Nami coughed into hand. She didn't mean to inturrupt but the moment seemed very personal and for some reason she didn't like him talking about another woman. Tranquility immediately backed up, her hair covering the figurine as wind began blowing from behind her.

"The ship should have a much easier time now." She was blushing slightly. "How much did you dampen my powers?" She turned back to D and asked him.

"You should be about twenty percent." He answered. "If you want to release your power just hold the jewel and focus. You should be able to activate it and deactivate it at will." Tranquilty's sighed in relief. She would have to get rid of the necklace.